This website may help
What does the religion Apostolic-Pentecostal beleive ?
a girlat my school wears long skirts jean skirts ALWAYS & has hair that is very very long, down to her butt. Is it because of her religion ? Could you explain what Apostolic-Pentecostal practice ?
- This question has been asked before. Is this an attempt to convert people to your religion?03
- The Apostles’ Doctrine Concerning...
. . . God
There is only one God (Deuteronomy 6:4). He is the Creator of heaven and earth, and of all living beings. He has revealed Himself to humanity as the Father (Creator), in the Son (Savior), and as the Holy Ghost (indwelling Spirit).
. . . Father
God is a Spirit (John 4:24). He is the Eternal One, the Creator of all things, and the Father of all humanity by creation.
He is the First and the Last, and beside Him there is no God (Isaiah 44:6).
There was no God formed before Him; neither shall there be after Him (Isaiah 43:10).
. . . Son
Jesus is the Son of God according to the flesh (Romans l:3) and the very God Himself according to the Spirit (Matthew 1 :23). Jesus is the Christ (Matthew 16:16); the Creator of all things (Colossians 1:16-17); God with us (Matthew 1:23); God made flesh (John 1:1-14); God manifested in the flesh (I Timothy 3:16; He which was, which is, and which is to come, the Almighty (Revelation 1:8); the mighty God, everlasting Father, and Prince of peace (Isaiah 9:6).
Jesus Himself testified of His identity as God when He said, "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John 14:7-11) and "I and my Father are one" (John 10:30).
It took shedding of blood for the remission of the sins of the world (Hebrews 9:22), but God the Father was a Spirit and had no blood to shed. Thus He prepared a body of flesh and blood (Hebrews 10:5) and came to earth as a man in order to save us for in Isaiah 43:11 He said, "Beside me there is no Saviour." When He came in flesh the angels sang, "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord" (Luke 2:11).
. . . Holy Ghost
The Holy Ghost is not a third person in the Godhead, but rather the Spirit of God (the Creator), the Spirit of the resurrected Christ. The Holy Ghost comes to dwell in the hearts and lives of everyone who believes and obeys the gospel, as the Comforter, Sustainer, and Keeper (John 14:16-26; Romans 8:9-11).
. . . Sin
Sin is the transgression of the law, or commandments of God (I John 3:4). The guilt of sin has fallen upon all humanity from Adam until now (Romans 3:23). The wages of sin is eternal death (Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:14) to all those who refuse to ac-cept salvation as set forth in the Word of God.
. . . Salvation
Salvation consists of deliverance from all sin and unrighteousness through the blood of Jesus Christ. The New Testament experience of salvation consists of repentance from sin, water baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and the baptism of the Holy Ghost, after which the Christian is to live a godly life (Acts 2:36-41).
. . . Holiness
After we are saved from sin, we are commanded, "Go, and sin no more (John 8:11).
We are commanded to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world (Titus 2:12) and warned that without holiness no one shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).
We must present ourselves as holy unto God (Romans 12:1), cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit (II Corinthians 7:1), and separate ourselves from all worldliness (James 4:4).
If the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? (I Peter 4:18).
No one can live a holy life by his own power, but only through the Holy Spirit. "Ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you" (Acts 1:8).
Baptism in Jesus Name - Truth About Salvation
- In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
1 Timothy 2:9-10
Note that the need for this was seen by Paul throughout his writings.Neither sex can go to heaven unless they are godly or holy.
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
2 Corinthians 7:1
We notice here that to perfect holiness as God requires means there must be a conscious cleansing effort made by us as individuals, without as well as within.
We can also readily see that God's Word mentions the flesh before the spirit. There is good reason for this. If we cannot cleanse that which we and others can see, then it will be even harder to cleanse that which no one can see. The word flesh here is taken from a Greek word which means, in this case, the body as opposed to the soul, or spirit, or as the symbol of what is external as opposed to internal. Keep this in mind: if people are willing to compromise what you can see, then it is probable they are compromising even more that which you cannot see.
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
I want to zero in on the word, effeminate. The dictionary definition of effeminate means having unsuitable feminine qualities: unmanly. The Greek word that is translated effeminate means of uncertain affinity, soft. God hates anything that destroys the distinction between the sexes.
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
And there shall in no wise enter into it (the New Jerusalem) any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
The fifth verse of Deuteronomy 22 is part of the moral law that is carried over into the New Testament. Why is it immoral for a woman to dress like a man or a man like a woman? Because it breaks down the distinction between the sexes.
The great argument today is that slacks have been made feminine by putting the buttons or zippers on the sides or the rear of the garment. That is as ridiculous as saying a dress could be a man's dress because it buttons or zippers around the waist instead of the front, back, or side.
This perversion of clothing started with idol worshippers. Men wore the dress of women when they presented themselves before the star of Venus. Women wore men's clothing when they presented themselves before the star of Mars. Idols were frequently represented with the features of one sex, but the dress of another. The worshippers of these idols wanted to appear as their gods did. Notice the description of monsters given in the Bible.
...And their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women...
Is it any wonder why God hates that which destroys the distinction of the sexes? It is easy then to see the importance of the following instructions.
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
1 Corinthians 11:14-15
For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
1 Corinthians 11:6
The New International Version of the Bible has an interesting footnote offering an alternative translation of I Corinthians 11:6.
If a woman has no covering, let her be for now with short hair, but since it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair shorn or shaved, she should grow it again.
James - Apostolic minister20
- This Site Might Help You.
what does the religion Apostolic-Pentecostal beleive ?
a girlat my school wears long skirts jean skirts ALWAYS & has hair that is very very long, down to her butt. Is it because of her religion ? Could you explain what Apostolic-Pentecostal practice ?00
- It doesn't matter how others see us, only how God sees us! He warned us that people would not think highly of us because of His Name! I found the Apostolic faith in 1972, and it was the turning point in my life. Today, I'm an Apostolic Pentecostal minister, and still head over heels in love with Jesus.00
- For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avBGx
"All paths lead to the top of the mountain" and "Each must walk his own path". old Zen proverbs. namaste00
- i am Apostolic Pentecostal and we believe that Jesus is God and we wear skirts because we want to dress modestly. we don't cut our hair because in 1 corinthians 11:15 it says" but if a woman have long hair it is a glory unto her.00
- What Is Apostolic Pentecostal00
- Apostolic Pentecostals are Christians who adhere only to first century teaching. We reject all the doctrines and creeds of later centuries. We believe in one God, and that all the fullness of the Godhead is in Jesus. We believe in the plan of salvation first delivered to the church in Acts 2:38 -- Repentance, water baptism by immersion in the name of Jesus, and receiving the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues. We believe in holiness and separation from the things of the world. In some Apostolic churches (but not all), this includes dress codes such as you describe. But all Apostolic Pentecostals believe in the Oneness of God, and the Acts 2:38 message.
Edit: Frog E's link is anti-Apostolic, and will misrepresent our beliefs.40
- Why aren't all Christians nudist?
- Why doesn’t Jea know that he’s a man?
- Why aren't all atheists nudists?
- Why was baptism different before the cross than after the cross?
- Can you be an atheist and a Christian at the same time?
- Do you think homosexuality is normal?
- Is the theory of evolution a hoax?
- I’m scared I’m going to Hell?
- How do you determine right from wrong?
- Why are atheists on here constantly mocking Jesus, Christians, calling themselves God, and making fun of scripture?