What does it take to be an embalmer?
So what degrees would you need from college?
What classes in high school should I take now? (I'm a sophomore)
Are there any qualities that really should be needed?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "What does it take to be an embalmer?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
Your going to need embalming fluid and a strong stomach.
See the website for the American Society of Embalmers, it has information about getting into this career - http://www.amsocembalmers.org/html/caree...
According to them
Each individual state regulates the practice of mortuary science. They determine the educational requirements prior to entering mortuary school as well as the requirements to become licensed. You will need to check with the individual state that you intend to practice in to determine what the requirements are.
Mortuary schools are accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE). They set the curriculum and approve the type of program the school is allowed to offer to prospective students. Some schools will only offer a diploma at the conclusion of the program while others will be able to offer some type of degree program. Courses for embalmers in mortuary schools cover the entire curriculum for both embalming and funeral directing and the disciplines can not be separated.
- I have finally reached a point in my life, that I actually find my job enjoyable. What is your dream job?
- Need help finding a job?
- Interview Help?
- North Carolina Beach towns with high employment?
- Boss called me a pig whilst I was eating my lunch?
- There is someone I know who is looking for a job that is stress-free, require no degrees. Plz provide me a list. tnx?
- Is it legal for my boss to ask for my DOB and drivers license information?
- What am I doing wrong?
- Should I quit my job?
- Have you been contacted by indian people calling from an out of state number claiming to be a staffing agencies and requesting your SSN # ?