If the mother to a child denies knowing who the father is to child support how does child support establish?
paternity? the mom is on welfare/ebt cash assistance right now and the state want backpay from the dad (me) for that assistance which is why she is in the child support system and why they are contacting her. her is the situation...The babys mom wants to be the only person in my sons life. she does not want me on the birth cirtificate and does not want child support; because then i would have rights to see my son (etc).I just found out she lied to child support saying that she does not know who the father is. She has told me and my whole family I am the father. how does the state go about establishing paternity (to get child support) in this situation? i am curious how the state handles this NOT what i need to do to remedy this. thanks
- THE STATE COURT ORDERS A PATERNITY TEST OR YOU CAN TAKE ONE ON YOUR OWN AND GIVE IT TO THE COURT00
- Contact the district attorney, as this smells of fraud.11
- I think the state will tell her to come up with the father or no child support. SHe cannot keep you out of your cchild'slife like this. You have rights. I would get a lawyer and fight for you share of custody.00
- Child support workers will ask her who all she's had sex with and arrange to get court orders for paternity testing. Not cooperating with child support usually means a denial of future benefits unless there is indication that she was a prostitute, where it is unlikely paternity could be established. If she wants to be the only person in your son's life, she should have gotten off her dead butt and gotten a job. Now it will be in your court and you can do the right thing by your child.
Paying child support means that you can also force visitation and even get partial custody (although physical custody goes to one parent or the other once child starts school). Push the idea that she tried to deny your rights to your child by lying. Might get you somewhere in some states.
If she has lied to welfare, then you certainly can contact Child Support Services and notify them that she has told you and your family that you are the father and you want to arrange a paternity test and then make child support/visitation arrangements once you are shown to be the father.00
- They can't, unless she names possible fathers and they do paternity testing to find which it is.00
- If the mother does not know who the father is, no child support can be ordered.
You should know, however, that child support and access are not linked. Many people have to pay child support who do not have visitation with their child.
Support is a legal obligation you have.
Allowing visitation is a legal obligation she has.
If you want visitation, petition for it. She can try to argue that you aren't the father, in which case you will be able to request DNA testing. Once it is proven that you are the father, you get visitation and start paying support.00
- You better establish the order yourself, because she can change her mind at any time and you will owe retroactive child support. Up to 18 years worth.
To learn a father's rights, join Dads House in Yahoo Groups. It's free to join, access all materials, and you associate with other fathers going through, and have already gone through, the same issues. We have an Educational Manual that teaches everything that needs to be known in addressing your legal issues.
ATTORNEYS & YOU
- Should we have a baby ?
- Marriage issue. This isn’t a troll.?
- What can be done?
- Am I asking for too much?
- Husband complimented another woman?
- Before you got married did you and your spouse discuss how your marriage would work? What was expected?
- If you suspected your husband is having an affair with a woman at work, would you still go to his annual Christmas party?
- Why don't people marry and start families in their late teens and early 20s anymore like in the olden days?
- How to know if my husband is the right one for me?
- I'm having sex with married men how do I stop?