Recipe for Pineapple rum upside ownd cake?
Looking for a good recipe for rum pineapple upside down cake.
- duncan heinz !00
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
20 ounce can of pineapple slices
1 yellow cake mix
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup rum
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1-teaspoon pineapple or lemon extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In two 8 or 9-inch cake pans, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in each pan. Sprinkle one-half brown sugar in each pan. Decoratively arrange pineapple slices in the bottom of the pans. Place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple slice. In between the rings, place the pecan halves in a decorative manner. Combine the cake mix, juice, rum, oil, eggs, and extract. Beat with mixer for 2 minutes. Divide batter between the two pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Immediately invert cakes onto serving platters.
The second cake may be frozen for later use. Freeze cake on a cookie sheet or flat plate. Once frozen, wrap tightly with freezer wrap. Completely unwrap frozen cake and then defrost in cake container. This recipe makes two cakes, which makes it very convenient for me. I either give the second cake away or freeze it for later. Having a cake ready in the freezer is especially helpful during the holidays when I need a quick dessert. The extra cake may be defrosted in the microwave, but keep checking it. You don't want to over do it. I like this cake served warm with cherry vanilla or butter pecan ice cream. Enjoy!
Prefer just one cake?
3 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
small can of pineapple slices
1 yellow cake mix for a single layer cake (approx. 9 ounces)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
2 tablespoons rum
1/4-teaspoon pineapple or lemon extract
Make recipe as above.00
- PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE 2/3 cup butter 3/4 cup brown sugar Place the butter and brown sugar in a frying pan and melt until it boils or bubbles. A cast iron pan works well because it's heavy and will be less likely to scorch. 1 can pineapple slices maraschino cherries (enough to fill centers of pineapples) Place pineapples in the butter and sugar mixture. Put cherries in the center of the pineapple. Cut the slices of pineapple into halves and line the sides of the frying pan with them (standing up on edge). Prepare a box of yellow cake mix following the directions on the box to mix the batter (do not bake in a separate pan; follow instructions below). Pour the batter over the pineapple and cherries. Bake at 350°F degrees. When the cake is done, loosen the edges with a butter knife. Remove from heat and allow to sit five minutes, then turn it upside down on a serving dish. Optional: Instead of using a cake mix, you can prepare the batter from scratch using the recipe below, or any recipe for yellow cake. Scratch Cake: 1 cup flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 eggs 2/3 cup sugar 1/4 cup milk Combine ingredients and beat 1 minute. Pour batter over pineapples and cherries (same as above). Bake at 350°F and follow same steps as above00
- Pineapple Rum Upside Down Cake
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
12 slices canned pineapple
1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
1/4 cup dark rum
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
To Make Topping: Combine 6 tablespoons of the unsalted butter or margarine, 1 cup of the packed brown sugar, and the honey in a medium sized saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until well blended and smooth. Pour into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan, tilting to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. Arrange pineapple slices in a decorative pattern in pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the sliced almonds, if using.
In a small bowl combine rum, pineapple juice, and buttermilk. In another small bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves together.
In a large bowl cream 6 tablespoons of the butter and 1 cup of the packed brown sugar together until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts, scraping down the sides of the bowl. In three additions, beat in on low speed of an electric mixer the flour and the rum mixtures alternately, beating for about 45 seconds after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl when needed. Spoon batter over the pineapple in the pan, spreading evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove pan from oven and let stand for about 10 minutes. Turn pan upside down onto a serving platter and let stand in pan for 10 more minutes. Remove pan and garnish with sliced almonds, if desired.00
- What does 4 LINES of sugar mean?
- How to make peanut brittle bleed into ice cream?
- How long will coals last or do you need to add more during cooking?
- How do I make a pint of lemon gelatin dessert with Knox unflavored gelatin?
- What is something that can be cooked in under 5 minutes?
- Why does my cheesecake taste so bad?
- What are some good foods to have with soured creme?
- What's delicious other than ice cream and chocolate . ..?
- What are some good foods to have with salsa?
- What kind of veggies do you like with fish?