Do I have "Demonstrated Competence"?
I am filling out a job application for Books-A-Million and it asks if I have 1-2 years of Demonstrated Competence. Is that asking am I skilled in their line of work, or if I have experience working period. I had a job for 5 years prior to this so I was curious to know what kind of experience they mean. By the way, this is an online application so I cannot simply ask.
- If I thought as mopar Mike did, I could prove that dirt biking was perverted, destructive behavior. God clearly didn't give us dirt bikes as appendages, and people get hurt doing that stuff a lot. So it's perverted from what God intended for us to do as humans. See how perverted mopar Mike is? He cannot allow someone else to be a certain way he isn't. So therefore no one can be that way. mopar Mike is a pervert of the Gospel, but he doesn't know what that means, and yet it is extrapolated through Galatians; a Letter in the Bible.00
- Life lesson:
(1) Always take a moment to think about a question when its meaning isn't immediately obvious to you.
(2) Always answer such questions clearly and concisely based on the meaning you assigned to the question while taking a moment in (1) above.
These types of questions ("confusing" or unclear) happen for one of two reasons: The person who wrote the question (1) wants to get your take on the more general aspects of work or life or (2) they don't know what they are doing/cannot communicate clearly.
In your case I would bet a nickle that BAM wants to know what your definition of "demonstrated competence" is and how you "self measure" your achievement of it. If your attitude is in the same ballpark as the corporate or store philosophy, you will get a check mark.
And here's a dirty little secret of application screeners: good screeners pay as much attention to how much care and effort someone put into the application as to what it actually says. This will be less common in retail job applications reviewed by store managers than in other situations, but the rule still applies.30
- Why are convicted felons allowed to have jobs?
- Why do people never mention truck driver as an alternative to college?
- Should I get a second Bachelor s degree in illustration after I finish my Animation degree?
- Why do women use their careers to define who they are?
- Boss bullying me?
- Employment application: Was this restaurant manager rude or just being honest?
- Are you good at your job?
- I've done many no shows for job interviews due to anxiety and low confidence. what is wrong with me?
- What should I do?
- Fired From Kohl's. Thoughts?