How do you become a top contributor?
how to become a top contibutor because I want to become 1 soon!!!!!!
Thanks in advance!!
Thanks in advance!!
- answer lots of questions, get lots of best answers in a particular section of yahoo answer. I don't know the exact figures.10
- A top contributor is a Yahoo! Answers user who has answered enough questions in a certain category or certain categories to get the badge. You ideally need ten percent best answers in the category you choose to achieve the TC badge in. The only two categories that don't give out TC badges are Polls & Surveys and Jokes & Riddles. You can receive the badge in up to three categories.
Being a top contributor has nothing to do with how many points you have, which is a common misconception on this site. There are top contributors who are at level two, and there are level seven users who aren't top contributors. Rather, being a top contributor has to do with how well you contribute to one to three different categories, excluding the above two. If you keep receiving the best answer in the category or categories that you participate in, you will eventually receive the top contributor badge(s), and it can take anywhere from one week to one year; you just have to stay committed to the category or categories that you like.
In addition, just because you have a top contributor badge does not mean you are immune from suspension. This is a common misconception – having a top contributor badge does not equal immunity from suspension. Everyone, from Level 0 users to Level 7 top contributors can get their accounts suspended. Just make sure you're following the community guidelines, and you will not receive an account suspension.
Read the guidelines here:
- Becoming top contributor has nothing to do with needing points
but it does have something to do with a certain percentage of best answers in one category
Rumors say Answering 45 - 50 questions
it takes 1 - 3 weeks to become top contributor
A person can go for up to 3 categories however polls and surveys and jokes and riddles don't get the badge.
Yahoo Answers reviews everyone each week
they look at who earns the badge who loses it because of little participation
The top contributor badge is not permanent in other words.
- You have to get a lot of best answers in a particular section of yahoo answers. The only 2 sections that don't give out the top contributer badge is Polls&Surveys and Jokes&Riddles.00
- You have to answer a lot of questions in 3 different categories, everyday.
once you get top contributer, don't stop answering questions, because top contriuter is not permanet.
-Try to earn around 200 points per week in the categories you wish to be/are Top Contributor in (this can be a combination of: Answers,Best Answers,votes,receiving thumbs up etc)
-Only answer questions that you have a good answer to, don't answer questions that already have 30 identical correct answers.
Have at least 10% Overall best answers, ALSO get at least 10% of your answers chosen as best
-Always be polite,courteous & as helpful as possible.
-Try to contribute as much as possible, and have fun on the site.00
- Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
"A "Top Contributor" is a member of the Yahoo! Answers community who has shown that they are knowledgeable in a certain category. Each user can be a top contributor in a maximum three categories."
The TC badge is awarded on the number of questions answered and best answers received by the user in a particular week, in a particular category.
It is rumoured that you need at least a 10 percent best answers in your chosen category to get a TC badge although the actual percentage and the number of answers is Yahoo's secret.
All you see and read on the subject is unsubstantiated speculation, rumour, assumption, imagination, and guesswork.
A user who is on the leader board may or may not have a TC badge, the criteria is measured on weekly participation in a particular category (number of answers and % of best answers in the category).
The easiest way to get a TC badge is to concentrate on one category where many questions are asked and hope to get some best answers.
The Polls and Surveys and Jokes and Riddles categories do not have Top Contributors.
Anyone at any level can become a Top Contributor, number of points and level gained have no bearing on gaining the TC badge.
If you have contributed enough to meet Yahoo's criteria, the orange badge will appear below your avatar on Monday morning.
It can disappear just as easily on Monday morning, if you don't keep answering questions in your chosen category.00
- -Top Contributor-
A Top Contributor is a Y/A user with the orange badge that is knowledgeable in a certain category.
How to become Top Contributor:
- Choose a category that you might be knowledgeable in. You can choose up to 3 categories if you want.
- Log into Yahoo Answers daily and answer as much as you can in the category(s) you're aiming for Top Contributor.
- Keep answering in the category(s) you have chosen for several weeks. Do your best to get best answers.
- Make sure you give well and honest answers.
- Always vote for yourself if a question comes in vote unless there's a better answer.
- When you earn your badge, keep getting best answers in the category(s) you got Top Contributor in or you'll lose your badge.
Other things to know:
- There is no actual number of the percentage of best answer you need for Top Contributor, it's a Yahoo secret.
- The badge is earned on Monday mornings.
- Avoid trolls.
- You cannot be a Top Contributor in Polls & Surveys and Jokes & Riddles.00
- There is no specific points to become a Top Contributor but do not lose hope, there are ways to be a top contributor. To be a TC, you must concentrate in a particular category, just answering is not a problem and the problem is you must at least earn 200 points in a week and your answers must be voted as Best Answer in a regular basis. To retain being a Top Contributor, you must continue doing it. My tip is be active.00
- i think of it has some thing to do with the form of questions you answer in a undeniable type. in line with possibility, as an occasion, you should respond to a hundred+ questions in desktops and information superhighway after which you're provided suitable Contributor.00
- TOP CONTRIBUTOR:-
To become a TC (Top Contributor) you need to keep in mind 3 points:-
1)Select a ‘PARTICULAR’ category (Stick on to only one or two)
2)Earn ‘LOT’ of Best Answers
3)Remain ‘ACTIVE’ in that category which you have chosen.
The EXACT algorithm of becoming a TC is not known to anyone except
Yahoo to prevent users from gaining that badge by cheating.
If users find out the exact formula of becoming a TC then they would
MISUSE the purpose of becoming a TC. So Yahoo keeps this a SECRET.
You can become a Top Contributor in 3 categories. Not many users know
what the exact thing is to become a TC.
(I think I know the point pretty close if not the exact one)
FIRST STEP:- You have to do is select a ‘SINGLE’ category,
which you feel you can answer MAXIMUM number of questions.
Eg:-If you feel you can answer in Chemistry, Mathematics,
Games and Recreation and to name a few, select it.
SECOND STEP:- You have to earn LOT of Best Answers.
To earn more Best Answers you have to provide GOOD quality answers
with the right type of ACCURATE information. Always try to be SIMPLE
but at times explain a little bit in detail. If you answer 60 questions and
get 10 Best Answers then you're likely to become a TC in that week.
You have to get a minimum of 10-11% of BA in a particular category.
•Also note that you should NOT answer questions, which you feel you won’t be getting a Best Answer at least until you, become a TC.
This will LOWER the percentage of your BA and you cannot become a TC.
THIRD STEP:- Becoming a TC does NOT depend upon
your level or the number of points you have at present .It only depends
upon your contribution and active participation. You DO NOT have to answer hundreds of questions in a particular category. Answer at least 40-50 questions per week. That is 8-10 questions per day.
Start with 5-6 and you can go to answer 20 questions soon.
•You have to earn a minimum of 200 points per week to retain that badge.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
•You can get 3 badges for the TC also some users have 4.
•The badge is awarded ONLY on Monday Mornings and if the above
conditions are met then you'll have that Orange bar below your account.
•The badge is TEMPORARY and will disappear soon if you don't answer
or get Best answers. It takes at least 2-3 weeks to become a TC
depending on your ACTIVITY and the Best Answers you get in a week.
•You cannot become a TC in certain categories like Polls And Surveys,
Jokes and Riddles as these categories do not help in ‘GAINING’
knowledge and are based on opinions of other people.
•HINT:-When one of your answers goes to VOTE,
go to the question and vote for yourself (Your answer).
This will increase the ‘CHANCES’ of getting a Best Answer.
It is allowed to vote for yourself. But creating multiple
accounts and doing this may be considered as a violation.11
- What are your funniest stories from being in school?
- How do you message other users on Yahoo Answers?
- Describe Cato in one word?
- Is it wrong to go to an ice cream shop just to watch little kids sucking popsicle ?
- What does blocking a user on answers accomplish?
- Hey libtards--I thought Muller was going to impeach trump?
- Why am I the most respected person on this site?
- Hey libs and leeches: Did you know that a government shutdown can't affect if you don't live off the government?
- What's a 'zombie government'?
- Are these stupid spam bots back?