Free ones are almost as good but you will need to be sure to get good products like Avira or Avast for Anti virus and malwarebytes/super antispyware for antispyware. Spybot is not so good anymore dont get it. Pretty much stay away from AVG and spybot. (remember only have 1 antivirus at a time)
You will also need a firewall i suggest comodo or Zonealarm.
Download one(only if you dont have an anti virus already)
Comodo firewall http://download.cnet.com/Comodo-Internet-Security/3000-10435_4-10460704.html?tag=mncol
Helpful maintenance tools
Advanced system care http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?tag=mncol
Glary utilities http://download.cnet.com/Glary-Utilities/3000-2094_4-10508531.html?tag=mncol
Edit Mcafee sucks it is a resource hog and avira has better detections then mcafee so Avira is better.
Sach super antispyware is not an anti virus research before giving advice!!!!!
A good free virus protection?
- Honestly, for me Mcafee has been the best for me....AVIRA was ****.!!!! ide reccomend Mcafee!02
- Hey Nicole!
The best anti Virus system thats free is definately SuperAntiSpyware. I use it and it finds everything and then deletes it! http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
Free Version is great!
Good luck mate!03
- Not downloading things.02
- Avast works good..00
- I have used Zone Alarm Firewall, I have also got superantispyware and Malwarebytes. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans Hackers etc. I have just changed to Avast antivirus and all seems good so far. Zone Alarm allows a lot of personal configuration unlike the Windows Firewall. They can all be downloaded from http://www.download.com/ I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly. Hope this helps00
- Try following Antivirus and the description is as follows..
MalwareBytes (Freeware good for Malware, Trojan, Keyloggers)
AVAST (Better all round performer, No Firewall.)
Link to NOD32: (Better than any other Antivirus, Light on system, Best Firewall)
McAfee Site advisor (Better Surfing, Intimate you regarding virus websites and block them )
TrojanRemover (Removes all Hidden Trojan, Malware, Keyloggers etc..)
System Care Pro...Best all rounder protector...
IObit Security 360 Pro Best Malware, Cookies Remover
Best Antivirus and Malware Remover Kits.... Do use them
All the best
H/W Server Engg20
- Hackers got millions of US credit card accounts - you don't suppose Russians can easily be doing just as advanced cyber warfare?
- If you give an IRS scammer remote access to your computer and they change the syskey, doesn't this mean that you can see them do this an?
- Is there a way to stop my computer from making that annoying "bling" noise?
- I purchased a reorder and want to put Kaspersky on more than one computer. I have no user name or password.?
- Did a hacker send a message from my own email address, if so how?
- Can your phone be hacked and how do you know?
- My computer is running slow i have norton and Mcafee.having both of these would this make my computer run slow.?
- I think my computer was hacked .?
- Stop the popups ads?
- I gave a “sugar daddy scammer” my online banking information?