How Hard is Army basic Training?
How is it different from normal basic training?
- if your in decent shape 10% physical 90% mental02
- From what I heard, it's a real piece of cake now. You may not even break a sweat. No one can touch you or even look at you cross eyed. They want to make certain everyone completes boot, regardless how incompetent you may be. They need lots and lots of warm bodies for their next incursion, and not enough are enlisting even with high unemployment today.06
- I suppose it differs from which army you are talking about, but still all training in the army is meant to be hard to get you read for the real combat situations.11
- Basic training is nothing hard. I did it 6 years ago and wish I could go back. I was in tip top shape. You learn new things all day long and you meet some of the best people in life. So don't worry. You will make it60
- Heart of Darkness I think got most of the answer. Its not that difficult if you go in with an open mind, physically fit, and willing to put in some work. No matter how prepared you are there will be times where you doubt yourself and its important you learn how to push through those moments. Many of my friends after finishing Ranger school remarked that it was not nearly as hard as they imagined. Good luck, keep an open mind, have patience, be as prepared as possible, be a leader when the opportunity arises, and at the minimum have some fun when you are there.11
- challenging task. look onto a search engine. it will help!00
- tbh it isnt all that hard. I have been to their website to see what the requirements were and realized even at age 14 I could've passed their physical fitness test easily. But for you that would depend on your physical strength and endurance. You should focus on pushups, situps, pull-ups, and other excercises like those. You should probably work on cardio as well because they require you to run laps even after the entraance exam. good luck. :)01
- This Site Might Help You.
How Hard is Army basic Training?
How is it different from normal basic training?00
- Is Basic Training Hard00
- Basic Training = "Normal" Basic Training
The US Army only has two forms of entry level training for new soldiers:
Like the name says, it's basic entry level training for soldiers. Usually done for non-combat arms MOS jobs. Followed by AIT (Advanced Individual Training). The length depends on your job.
OSUT = One Station Unit Training
Used for combat arms MOS soldiers. It's a combination of Basic and AIT all done together at the same location. Essentially it's like Basic Training for 19 weeks or so, depending on your MOS.
As far as "difficulty" goes, it depends. Are you talking physical, mental, or both?
As a rule, OSUT is much more difficult physically and mentally than Basic/AIT. Since you're pretty much locked down the entire cycle, it's like four plus months of Basic, but since it's to prepare you for a combat arms job, it's good training. It's not as physical as it was since kids nowadays can't handle the physical stuff since they spend most of their time on computers, watching TV, playing video games, etc.
Basic isn't that difficult and is much shorter.81
- Given that stealth aims to bypass the opponent’s awareness, how can you best be vigilant to stealth without slipping into paranoia?
- Should the us reinstitute a military draft?
- What would you say is the best all around branch for commissioning?
- British Army?
- Do The armed forces take people with aspberegers and a mentally disorder..?
- Why do US servicemen like Admiral Mcgraven keep betraying our country?
- My brother is in a military brig. What is life like when you are locked up in the army? Is it different from civilian jail?
- Why does the military have a different justice system then civilians?
- I got injured during training in paris island and got a honorable discharge under fraud. Would that stop me from re enlisting to the army?
- I wanted to know what job options i would have in the navy since i keep scoring 35-45 on the practice asvab and im pretty terrible at math?