that is more a matter of personal understanding of the law and the specific situation. according to jewish law, a jew should not enter a church. the exc eptions to this are a matter of complex discussion.
conservative judaism was a response to the development of reform judaism moving back somewhat towards ritual and observance but the interpretation of the laws and the belief that the torah is divine but changeable by man separate it from orthodoxy.
What does Conservative Jewish mean?
And can you go to Church if you're Conservative Jewish?
- it means ur a republican Jew.... not very many of them
lol wikipedia a credible source just google the dam thing if u really want to know12
- Look it up in Wikipedia. Conservative Jews are liberal, not conservative.01
- Conservative means you still wear normal clothes. You may or may not be kosher. Men and woman are not segregated. Most of service is conducted in Hebrew. May or may not observe strict sabbath work rules.
Why go to chruch? As in attend a Christian friend's service? Yes.11
- The Conservative movement is one of the major branches of Judaism. Conservative doctrine accepts the Bible as the unchanging word of G-d and therefore holds that the ritual laws of Judaism are binding. The difference between Conservative and Orthodox Judaism is that the Conservative Movement accepts modern scholarship and allows for the evolution of Jewish ritual practice to better fit modern times.
For example Orthodoxy prohibits driving on the Sabbath while the Conservative Movement allows the driving to Synagogue on the Sabbath. The reason this was permitted was NOT for watering down ritual, but rather one of the reasons was because modern scholarship demonstrated that since people don't always live within walking distance to a Synagogue and the need to pray in a Synagogue on Sabbath is such an important basic part of Judaism that it overwhelms the arguments to not drive. (note: I am greatly simplifying here. There are a series of reasons and volumes of text have been written on this seemingly simple issue)
In no circumstances may a Jew pray in a church.00
- Isn't existing as a human empirical evidence that miracles may be the reason? i could have been a dung beetle?
- What to do of a messed up brain aka spoiled aka bad aka schizophrenic brain?
- Do Christians believe that Jesus is the human form of their God?
- How do you respond when someone asks you what is your religion. As it happens I don't have a religion but they still want to know.?
- Why do people say Jesus is God?
- Creationists, how doesn't Fossil record prove evolution to you?
- I'm an atheist, but I like listening to Christian hymns. What does this mean? What do I do?
- If god is the father, and god is the son, does that mean that the father of the father i.e the Grandfather is also god?
- Will there be chocolate-covered peanuts in heaven?
- Atheists .the holy books are all be-leavers have for evidence ,how come you have no special book that has all ansews?