Fastest way to be excommunicated. Mormon and Catholic.?
What is the best and fastest way to get excommunicated from the mormon and catholic faiths respectively. I was baptized as an adult in both faiths and I have decided to collect excommunication certificates. Also, what other faiths can I join that also use excommunication as a form of punishment?
- rape and murder someone, or begin practicing polygamy02
- You are a sick puppy.
All you have to do is go to your Bishop and show him this letter and he will process your excommunication papers. Basically, a lack of belief and actions in contravention of the prophet constitutes behavior unbecoming a Latter-day Saint and sets you up for excommunication because you have no plans of repenting.50
- For Mormons, disliking Jello22
- Commit a felony and go to prison. Automatic excommunication in the LDS church.
Just read your edit:
If you sleep with a dozen girls, tell your bishop, refuse to change, and then continue to sleep around, you'll probably get excommunicated eventually.30
- Could you not collect stamps instead01
- It's not sinning...that takes time and is an affront to God.
Just oppose their will. They hate that! They seek deference like a junkies craves crack.
Tell them you think they're phony balonies who couldn't find Jesus if he were standing in front of them. That their pompous legalism is like a pile of crap on the lawn compared to knowing Jesus. Oh, that was Paul's line. Or take Jesus' words from Matt 23. Very strong words to the same crowd.01
- Write a letter to the Mormon church and ask not to be contacted. You are then done. It is that easy.00
- For the LDS Church, talk to your bishop. You will need it in writing (and it will be sent to church headquarters), and eventually your membership record will be deleted.10
- Only Catholics can be excommunicated from the Catholic Church.
Excommunication is a severe penalty resulting from grave crimes against the Catholic religion.
It is imposed by church authority or incurred as a direct result of the commission of an offense.
Excommunication excludes the offender from taking part in the Eucharist or other sacraments and from the exercise of any ecclesiastical office, ministry, or function.
Excommunication does not mean a loss of salvation. However, the crime committed that was penalized by it might be a mortal sin.
There are a few offenses for which Latin Rite Roman Catholics are automatically excommunicated (the Latin term is Latæ Sententiæ):
• Apostasy - the formal renunciation of one's religion, especially if the motive is deemed unworthy
• Desecration of the Eucharist
• Physical force against the Pope
• Attempted sacramental absolution of a partner in adultery
• Ordination of a bishop without a Papal mandate (e.g. all bishops in the government-run Chinese Patriotic Church)
• For non-electors present in the conclave, revelation of the details of the conclave
• Simoniacal provision of the Papal office
• Violation of the sacramental seal of confession by a priest or bishop
• Procurement of a completed abortion
The purpose of excommunication is the correction and redemption of the person who has chosen to separate himself or herself from the Church.
For more information, see: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05678a.h...
With love in Christ.11
- Should it be illegal to be smart?
- If God is all powerful, can he create a rock so heavy that he can't lift it?
- So how does preaching about God work? Is the Bibles message to us that if we preach we are risking the lives of others?
- Christians + JW. The WORD created everything, He was the God of the OT and He became Jesus Christ our Messiah...all true?
- Fellow atheists, do you respect an individuals choice to have faith providing they admit there is a lack of evidence?
- I'm turning 28 next week and still a virgin. My friends want me to do it with a hooker. What should I do?
- Are natural disasters punishment from God?
- What would happen if Jesus rebelled agaisnt God?
- Why did God create such a hard world to live in?
- Why does Bill Nye say that creationism is bad for us and says it is only a story?