My dog is sad because my other dog died?
she's a 7 year old yorkie and on june 1st my 8 year old maltee bichon died and well i guess she was one of those dogs who always had a companuion like before i had a lab she would always follow him and then we gave the lab away and so he was always with the maltese now hes all alone and hes scared when i walk him coz he always used to follow the maltese because she was more outgoing and would walk while she ollowed and now shes scared a little while walking and she doesnt play ball.. and hes not that happy looking and walks slowly and is always sleeping
- It's natural. Your dog is grieving. I'm so sorry about your loss.00
- sadly animals do get depresed it happend to my dog too if you can i would recomened getting him a companion like another dog so he wont be lonley or when you walk him comfort him tell him hes such a good boy try to be postive with him and more interactive try to make him feel less lonley i hope this helps00
- Dogs have hearts, and they can be broken.
We had a male and female, they were together for years, when she died, he did the same as yours laid around wouldn't eat looked so sad. A few days later we found him, he died of a broken heart00
- How sad! And how I realise what you are going through here. We lost the litter sister of the now last of my bloodline back in June last year. He was devoted to her - more than any other couple of puppies we've kept back from our litters. And she always sorted out all the problems, with the two of them. He had a double whammy because he'd always been one of at least half a dozen others too. He was totally lost and started to become quite aggressive with approaching strange dogs when we took him out. It was quite embarrassing because my breed isn't supposed to be that way. He was just getting his licks in first as he didn't know what else to do to defend himself.
It will take time (and you will have to try to put your emotions away because he/she? will pick up your sad vibes too). We set about finding a new buddie for him (because I was having a hard time only having one dog around after all those years too). I'm not sure he's really in tune with her like he was with his sister, but he's now coping with life far better. Because we had to wait for the right puppy, it took quite a few months before she arrived, and you may find you need to do this with your dog, rather than force a new puppy on him/her immediately.
But yes, dogs do grieve, if only for the way things used to be.10
- Can you buy an emotional support animal (ESA) after you get qualified to have one? How much would it cost?
- 8 month old pit bull has bumps appearing?
- Small dog breed food quantity?
- My tiny Chihuahua 11 week old puppy ate a 20mg citalopram anti depressant tablet. within ten minutes she kept falling over what will happen?
- GF hates my dog?
- What do i do if my neighborhood's dog bit me?
- Do female dogs get periods?
- Can purebred pomeranians be a little bigger and have long snouts?
- Is it normal to not like Dogs??
- Is kennel cough contagious?