special delivery just means recorded must sign for and is normaly priority mail for royal mail, so normaly deliv next day or in some cases same day depending on type.
Best way to check is royalmail.co.uk
(UK) What is special delivery?
Compared to recorded delivery?
- Special delivery means a recorded delivery (which means a signature upon delivery) PLUS a faster delivery than normal and with more compensation if things get lost etc.
There are two: 9am next day special and 1pm next day special.
where as recorded delivery is a normal 1st class or 2nd class post (3 days) with the signature and less compensation
Special deliveries are used a lot by companies who wish to send items that are important and need to get there next day!
It's cheaper than a same day courier but is much more expensive than regular recorded delivery!
I seem to remember a good set of papers was about £7 for a special compared to one being £2 for normal recorded!
Your essentially paying for the next day service!
Up until 2 years ago, I was a receptionist/PA and Admin, who delt with incoming and outgoing post!20
- Is pet food vat rated?
- Where are my wife noella kole?
- How long to receive personal Unique Taxpayers Reference (UTR) for Self Assessment?
- Best accountants and tax consultants i uk?
- Bank trouble?
- In the UK. I want to take my personal pension of £22K a year and keep working on Salary £55K. How does this affect my tax position overall?
- I am an Englishman living abroad. We have just bought a house in the UK. Can paying council tax help you enroll a chid as a UK student?
- Is the profit I make on my home taxed ?
- Is UK and Ireland paying for migrants to live in 3star hotels, while reviews from guests onTripadvisor warning of this are removed?
- How can I find my tax office?