special delivery just means recorded must sign for and is normaly priority mail for royal mail, so normaly deliv next day or in some cases same day depending on type.
Best way to check is royalmail.co.uk
(UK) What is special delivery?
Compared to recorded delivery?
- Special delivery means a recorded delivery (which means a signature upon delivery) PLUS a faster delivery than normal and with more compensation if things get lost etc.
There are two: 9am next day special and 1pm next day special.
where as recorded delivery is a normal 1st class or 2nd class post (3 days) with the signature and less compensation
Special deliveries are used a lot by companies who wish to send items that are important and need to get there next day!
It's cheaper than a same day courier but is much more expensive than regular recorded delivery!
I seem to remember a good set of papers was about £7 for a special compared to one being £2 for normal recorded!
Your essentially paying for the next day service!
Up until 2 years ago, I was a receptionist/PA and Admin, who delt with incoming and outgoing post!20
- Will getting married mean I can t claim benefits?
- How long do you have to wait to get you P60 from a previous employer?
- How to legally avoid paying death tax when you own an investment company UK?
- Do I have to pay tax on freelance work?
- Dhss uk if i am not working why do i need to pay council tax?
- What would be your first thought or action if a national emergency was declared?
- Will there be a problem for me in the future if I don't pay this?
- Should I be paying my own council tax?
- Why does UK send tax money to India?
- Universal credit claim?