Your score is a percentile and shows how well you did based on other people that take the test. A 99 is the highest you get and means that you did better than 99% of the people that take the test. A 25 means that you did better than 25% of the people that took the test...and that you're retarded.
And yes. There is a minimum score you have to have to get in.
Question about asvab scores?
how is the asvab scored? like i know to get in i have to get a good score on the math and reading and paragraph sections. but i don't understand how it is calculated. is the afqt all your correct answers added up?
- The above answer is dead on. Although I'd like to add that asvab scores mean nothing after recruitment. It is the line scores that matter. Especially GT (general technical). Once you get in the Army for example, you will never see your asvab score again. Your jobs will generally have a line score requirement in a certain area. For the Army a GT score of over 110 will qualify you for just about anything. The only other exception I've seen is the ST (skill technical) being applied to jobs in the Intel field.00
- Your Raw Score is calculated with the following formula:
(Word Knowledge Score x 2) + (Paragraph Comprehension Score x 2) + (Arithmetic Reasoning Score) + (Mathematics Knowledge Score) = Raw Score
So for example, if you score 20 on Word Knowledge, 10 on Paragraph Comprehension, 20 on Arithmetic Reasoning, and 20 Mathematics Knowledge, your raw score would be 100.
The raw score you obtained is also calculated as a Percentile Score. For example, if you scored in the 60th percentile then 40% of the candidates that were tested scored higher than you and 59% had scores that were lower than yours. This score is very important to a recruiter.
The last calculation derived from your scores is the Military Careers Score. This score is a combination of Academic Ability Composite score and the Mechanical Comprehension and Electronics Information scores. The score range is 140 to 240 with 200 being about average. A book titled Military Careers will accompany your test results. It is designed to describe most of the careers available in the military as well as the job requirements for each career. In addition you can reference a graph that shows your chance of acceptance based on the Military Careers Score.00
- Is Canadian generic food products government surplus?
- Should we invade the middle east more? Gotta shake up the hive to get the honey?
- Does Nike, Under Armour, or any other sports brand endorses the United States military?
- Should I lie about counseling at meps for the Army national guard?
- What are three things that the glorious Soviet Union did better than the United States Imperialists?
- Can you go overseas for your first station?
- What percentage of US soldiers have actually killed a person in battle?
- My son is in the US Navy. Is it ok for me to wear a Navy hay even thought I did not serve, I would not want to offend those whom do serve?
- I failed asvab?
- Only americans want war against Iran?