Tad Coffin saddle sizing?
I might get a Tad Coffin saddle & I've heard that you need to go a size larger because they are made small. I'm usually a 16.5 so should I go to a 17.5? What's your experience with Tads?
- No matter what saddle you buy you need to ride in it. Make sure it fit your horse and you. I don't have a Tad but your lucky, i've always wanted one!00
- Tad Coffins consistently run a half size smaller than other brands at the same size. If you comfortably fit in a variety of 16 1/2" close contact saddles, then I would go with a 17. A 17 1/2" may feel large especially with the way Tad Coffins are made. They have a very flat seat, low pommel, and low cantle. Very little between you and your horse which some riders absolutely love. If you're a rider who likes a bit more security, deeper seat, bulky knee roll, etc you may not feel totally comfortable in a Tad Coffin, regardles of if the seat size fits, but you're going to feel like you're completely swimming in it if you go too large. I personally love saddles like the Tad Coffin, but they are not for everyone. Ride in one if you haven't already.
Also, Tad Coffins come in one tree width, which is a wide fit. With the right use of pads they can fit narrow horses, but that is also something that would definately make riding in one reccommended. If it doesn't fit your horse you're out of luck even if it fits you awesome.
So long story short haha, 17" on the seat size, but test ride to be sure it all checks out for you and the horse.00
- Best color on a horse?
- Im looking for a filly and I came across an ad of one who s sire is 14.3 and the dam is 15.3, what would the foals full grown height be?
- What colour foal will I get from homozygous friesian stud & red bay andalusian mare?
- Can my horse have his blood taken without his passport?
- What is the best exercises or things to practice alongside riding to make it unlikely you will get injuries ?
- Are small heads are horses a sign of any sort?
- Mare bolts with bit, refuses to move bitless- what should I do?
- Do you prefer Warmbloods or Thoroughbreds? State why?
- Could you wear jodhpurs under tall boots?
- Mare peeing a lot and leaning on stall?