Threadfin rainbow fish?
I read these little guys are very peaceful and vulnerable to fin nippers. So I was wondering if they would be ok with guppy. I think they would, since the guppy would be very peaceful, but would they leave the males fins alone?
I also read that in the wild they feed on crustaceans, so would they be a danger to shrimp? I have some very, very small cherry reds right now, abot a quarter of an inch.
Also, about how big do they tend to get? I know they are schooling fish and read that they'd do best with a few males and females. Would they prefer a ration like that of the guppies or do they not mind how many males and females there are?
Thanks in advance for the info!
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Threadfin rainbow fish?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
This Site Might Help You.
Threadfin rainbow fish?
Hello! I saw a bunch of these in a near by store, but the peeps working didn't know much about them. So I decided to doa a little reading up on them.
I read these little guys are very peaceful and vulnerable to fin nippers. So I was wondering if they would be ok with guppy. I think they...
Threadfin Rainbow Fish
The Threadfin Rainbowfish, aka Featherfin Rainbowfish are fantastic little fish that should do fine with your Guppies.
I would be more concerned for your Rainbowfish than I would be for your shrimp, as they would likely choke if they did try to eat a shrimp that large. I think though, that both would be safe.
These guys grow to be 1-1.5", so having a school of them is not a problem in any decent sized aquarium.
I would suggest a ratio of at least 3 females to every male. The females aren't nearly as impressive looking, so if you have the room, you may want at least 6 fish.
Here are some good profiles:
Koodos for researching your choice of fish before bringing them home!
I just noticed that in the first link I sent you it lists these fish as "aggressive". Please disregard this, it's a typo, as you will realize if you read the general description.
- Why are my koi and goldfish getting ich?
- How many female bettas for 30 gal sorority?
- I have a 10 gal tank and in it I have 2 fire dwarf gourimes 1 molly 2 dwarf frogs and 2 small tetras w/ live plants did I overstock?
- I gave food to my betta fish and after sometime its taking it out from its mouth. what do i do?
- My favourite goldfish died 😢 goodbye humphrey.?
- How is it even possible for libtards to lose more than they have? They're nothing but a coastal party now.?
- Small Angelfish questions?
- Betta died first day?
- Is my guppy pregnant?
- I have an air stone for my air pump and some of the holes arent blowing out any bubbles anymore,anyone know how to fix that?