How is it fair that informants can go around and...?
...meet people, and get them to sell drugs, etc. Then the informants turn in the person that they set up to the police, because they work with them. Yet the informants themselves are people that are trying to get out of a crime so they won't have go to prison or anything. Isn't this like basically blaming others and setting them up? I thought the American Justice System was at least a little better than that. I mean, haven't we learned from history that blaming others so you can get out of a mess is wrong? Look at The Crucible for example. People were blaming each other for being witches, and this was so long ago, yet now in 2009, basically the same thing is happening. One person sells drugs and gets into trouble, and the police tell them that they can get out of it if they rat out on someone else that's selling drugs. Tell me, how is this fair at all, especially in such a developed country like the USA?
- First of all, informants don't get people to sell or buy drugs for the first time. These people have been into the drug scene for years. Informants just pass information from the dealers to the police. Undercover operatives (not informants) get the dealers to buy and sell drugs. They are looking for the BIG CHEESE in the operation, not some 2-bit player.24
- Easy fix , DON'T BUY DRUGS. They turn them into informants and they usually bust more than one using them. So they doubled their find and let the petty drug peddler go while taking down more. Makes perfect sense to me. This isn't about passing blame its about finding more of them , using your unreliable friends.52
- i saw recently that 48% of people in the system for drugs are in for weed charges.
it is a business for both sides, clinton wanted to give treatment for anyone who wanted it but our system keeps it going further.
it has been said that the police have the best drugs, just cause they say they got a huge amount of drugs off the streets does not mean the drugs do not make it back out there.42
- There are w***es in every walk of life. Those kind of people and the enablers are ALL the same. May they all get ,what they gave.03
- Most informants are being used to get to their connect. Without informants, many of the major dealers would not be arrested. The unwritten law is "three and your free," but this depends on what that person was arrested for. Many times informants must agree to a DA Contract in which they must plead out to a lesser sentence or probation for while still completing sales cases. Another unwritten rule is that informants have to complete cases bigger than that they were arrested for. Many Detectives will tell informants from the get go that they are not out to make drug dealers out of those who are not drug dealers. It is not always fair, but using an eight-ball dealer to arrest three ounce level dealers is what makes the wheels turn. Arresting ounce level dealers and potentially flipping any of those three is what keeps the cycle going...21
- All I can say is " Ain't life a B****"12
- my most recent informant had some minor charges hanging over his/her head and gave me a tip that lead to the arrest of a bank robber with 2 pounds of weed, crack cocaine, and 8 stolen handguns...
I have no problem with the informant getting a lessened sentence. Now this violent bank robber is off the streets, along with 8 guns that were in the hands of bad people03
- Well I think you misunderstood it. They will not make a deal with say a guy they got who had 10g of Cocaine and get him to go try and buy 2g of crack from someone, most informants are willing to give up a big guy or give up a lot of people. Police don't civilians to buy drugs for them, they do it themselves undercover, which will be a stronger case. The only time they will use a guy they caught will be to use him because he familiar with someone and is trusted with them. So I think you may want to check your facts and stop worrying about informants unless your doing something illegal. When they get informants it is for the better of society.02
- I do not consider he was once the exceptional Prez however that does not imply I must run to the competition, while I realize what the competition plans to do. When Obama got here in to workplace the US and international economic system was once in a tailspin. What I spotted is that ppl consider that you'll be able to start to opposite path instantly. But first you have got to give up the bleeding. That was once in which all that US debt got here from. He needed to spend money on our nation to give up our freefall even as looking to preserve the ppl on the backside who had been agony probably the most. So he was once running in that course then while ppl obtained impatient then up and pick a majority within the condominium that once Obama was once elected had a sentiment that their schedule was once for him to FAIL in any respect expenditures. Well newsflash, if Obama fails then all of us fail; a few greater than others brain you. So they did precisely what they mentioned they meant to do and grew to be the social gathering of no. So Obama had two yrs ONLY to take a look at and switch round this economic system. Then four Americans get killed in a FOREIGN nation and ppl wish to stone the person. But while the Republicans had been in energy within the WH 3000 Americans obtained killed on AMERICAN soil. Not to say the loss of life toll from Katrina. It simply turns out that the outrage is inconsistent. And the person has been dealing with virtually insurmountable odds considering the fact that day one. He hasn't performed the whole lot he mentioned he might bcuz none ever do; I consider it is bcuz they do not know the truth of the Presidential main issue while the applicants make those guarantees. So when you might vote to re-pick Bush. Obama must surely get a moment time period.00
- Well...an informant probably isn't going to meet someone who's never done or sold drugs before and set them up to start selling them, and then bust them. C'mon now. However....they do resort to some shady stuff. It's funny you should ask this question. Let me tell you what just happened to my brother in law. One of his "true friends" got busted for possession. They ratted out Damion (my brother in law). They got Damion's good friend to buy drugs from him about three times. Then they had just cause and they raided his house. They busted him for three counts of sales, paraphenalia, attempt to deliver, and having an analog...and they took his mother's only vehicle from her (because he was driving it when he sold the drugs.) So, he made the mistake of telling them he would "work with" them for a lesser charge. He ratted out three people so far, and they want more!! He was arrested for having the **** and now his friends have to pay for his stupidity?? I feel ya, brother! I have no respect for him or anyone who would do that. Why ruin someone else's life over your mistake? Anyway, after they got him to do the three jobs, they said that none of them were "big enough" and they wanted more. So they asked him if he knew this big guy, and he said yes, but he didn't know him well enough to buy from him. These damn cops in this town want Damion to spend the whole summer becoming best friends with this guy, and then bring him down! He finally said "No..I'm going to spend all summer being your bytch" and now, even after ratting out three successfully, he's again sitting in jail awaiting his sentencing. And the really sad part is that if he had not narced on anyone at all, he was probably looking at 6 months in county jail. Now the whole town hates him, he gets his *** kicked everywhere he goes, and so on....
To me it seems endless and pointless and extremely expensive for the taxpayers. We are paying for cops to make one piddly arrest, get names for a couple other minor pedlers (cause most people aren't going to give out the "big man"s name...they are just going to pick some little insignificant peddler and give him up) then they make a couple more minor busts, let them go for a couple more little guys, and the cycle is never ending. They NEVER get to the big guys and they end up with a bunch of punkazz kids sitting in jail calling eachother narcs. The real drug dealers are still out there. They are spending a ton of money on this! They really accomplish nothing! I know exactly where you are coming from. If you do the crime you need to do your own time!! Don't bytch out and ruin someone else's life for your dumbazz attack. Stupid system all the way around.32
- Police and yahoo?
- Is bigamy a UK jailable offence for non Muslims?
- If you have a leg bag and the police are searching you are they trained to properly handle medical devices, do they even know what it is?
- If i get a ticket in my name for a light out on a COMPANY vehicle. Does it effect my driving record? Also who pays for the ticket?
- Do police officers call your phone to let you know you are being arrested?
- What can happen if a man sits on a policeman's lap?
- How long will weed stay in my system?
- Why is dog fighting illegal?
- Does anyone know a reliable and trustworthy website to purchase a fake ID?
- I was watching the COPS tv show.?