i dont personally...but my friend does.
she siad that they jsut use the gun...and while it is effective it hurts more and you can get scar tissue buildup.
claires basically punctures the ear and the earing goes in the hole...at a tattoo and piercing shop...it may be slightly more expensive...BUT...they use a needle which removes the skin that will be replaced by the earring...this causes less scarring and faster healing. it also hurts much less in the end.
so claires is free...but you pay for the earring...a shop may charge your 20 bucks or so...but in the end it is more worth it...
also...at claries the girls there are in no way trined or have much of a know-how on piercing...an actual shop will have professionals with an understanding of the healing process.
getting your lobes pierced at claires is no biggie...but the cartilage which can get infected much more easily...i would go with a pro
Cartilage piercing at Claire's?
I really wanna get my cartilage pierced and claires does it for free =D so i'm thinkin about getting it done there. Anyone have support/complaints for or against claires? thanks guys! =)
- I got my cartilage and ear lobes pierced at Claire's and they did a great job. It never got infected or anything and it was quick and almost painless. When you go all you have to pay for is the earring you choose and I think maybe the cleaning solution you use. Good luck.11
- I went to get mine done when I was about 11, and they missed my ear 4 times.
Don't go there, go to a local tattoo shop and get it done. They're more trained.30
- go to a tattoo shop. piercing with a hollow needle is safer than a gun.20
- using a gun will cause an infection more then a needle..plus the needle is just better.20
- I got mine pierced at claires and it sucked.. they used the gun instead of a needle and a needle is much more safe to use than the gun. The chick that pierced mine did it like at the top of my ear up and down.. like u could see the back of my ear ring at the top of my ear. just go to a tattoo place and get the needle done.. much better that way!00
- Piercing guns are the worst thing that can happen to your ears. They basically force a blunt stud through your ear. Cartilage is not made to deal with that. It can SHATTER. This means that your ear could end up deformed. Think about that.
Guns also can't be autoclaved. So there are still bits of everyone who's ever been pierced with one stuck to it.
Save some money and go to a piercing shop where they've been trained to put holes in people; they do it for a living, not as an afterschool job. They use a single use needle, and everything is properly sterilized.
Free doesn't make it the better choice.00
- Cartilage Piercing Nyc00
- Claire's does not train their piercers professionally (I had a friend that worked there). They give you a piercing gun, tell you to bring in some friends to "test" on and then you are piercing the next day.
Considering the fact that your cartilage can shatter or deform your ear if a nerve is hit, I would HIGHLY recommend going to a professional piercer at a tattoo/piercing shop. The piercers there are trained and they use a needle, not a gun. Guns cannot be properly sanitized and are inaccurate because they are so bulky. If something were to happen to your ear after getting pierced at Claires, there is absolutely nothing you could do for compensation.
Reconsider your options and hopefully you will decide to pay the $30 for a job well done.
- Why is popping pimples so enjoyqble?
- What’s it like having a navel piercing?
- Is my industrial piercing in the wrong place?
- Whys my legs so skinny?
- Why don t white people have color in their skin and need to tan?
- Is 5’1 (156cm) a good height for a female?
- Which eye cream would you recommend ?
- Is it normal for my son to want a piercing? Not only for girls?
- Is it normal for your nose to look bigger on camera?
- I got my nipples pierced a week ago, they are getting a little drive from the sea salt soak. What can I use to moisturize them?