Recipe for pineapple upside down cake???????? ?
I am looking for a recipe for pineapple upside down cake with crushed pineapple instead of sliced. I had some the other day, and it was so good.
- its a cake with pinapple...but basicly flip it upside down05
- first u cut up a pineapple and pour some dirt on it. than u cook it at 590.F then u have a tasty cake!!!07
3 tablespoons butter
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
8 maraschino cherries
1/4 cup walnut halves
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Drain pineapple and reserve 1/2 cup of the juice.
Melt butter in a 9 inch round pan. Arrange cherries and walnut halves in the pan according to how many servings you want. Sprinkle with brown sugar, and then pineapple.
Cream together shortening and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and beat well. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add alternately with reserved pineapple syrup, beating after each addition.
Spread batter in pan over pineapple. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes in the pan, then invert onto plate. Serve warm.01
- Well, it's not much of a recipe, but it's easy and delicious and it's how I make it:
I mix up a yellow cake using a cake mix. I really like the Butter Recipe from Duncan Hines but any yellow cake mix is fine.
In the bottom of the cake pan, I dump in the crushed pineapples, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and half a stick of melted butter. If you like pineapple, which we do, I also throw in a handful of it, too. Dot the whole thing with your maraschino cherries, pour in the cake batter and bake it as the directions state. I've found that I usually have to bake it an extra 5 minutes or so.
Good luck and I hope you try this! It's really good :)21
- Dump Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 (16.5 ounce) can pitted dark sweet cherries
1/2 cup butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Dump pineapple and cherries into one 9x13 inch pan and mix together. Top with cake mix and slice butter or margarine over mix.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until brown and bubbling. Remove and serve warm or cold.21
- Here is a recipe that calls for crushed pineapples. It actually sounds a lot better than pineapple rings. Add a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top and yummm....I'm craving this as I am typing this.
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE FOR COMPANY
3 tbsp. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
1 (1 lb. 4 oz.) can crushed pineapple
12 Maraschino cherries, cut in half
Melt butter in a 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar. Drain well the crushed pineapple and spread over brown sugar. Cut in 1/2 and drain 12 Maraschino cherries and place round side down: 4 rows down and 6 across.
3 c. flour, sifted
2 c. sugar
3 3/4 tsp. baking powder (double acting)
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. shortening, soft
1 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Beat on low speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl while beating. Stop mixer and add 3 eggs, one at a time, 1/3 cup more if milk. Beat 2 more minutes. Then pour batter over pan prepared with butter and brown sugar and pineapple. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or more. Top should spring back when touched. When cake is bake and you remove it from oven, gently loosen sides from pan with butter knife. Then quickly place the bottom of rectangular cake tray or cookie sheet (with an edge) over cake and pan and carefully invert. Slowly remove the pan from the cake and you have a good pineapple upside down cake.03
- PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE 2/3 cup butter 3/4 cup brown sugar Place the butter and brown sugar in a frying pan and melt until it boils or bubbles. A cast iron pan works well because it's heavy and will be less likely to scorch. 1 can pineapple slices maraschino cherries (enough to fill centers of pineapples) Place pineapples in the butter and sugar mixture. Put cherries in the center of the pineapple. Cut the slices of pineapple into halves and line the sides of the frying pan with them (standing up on edge). Prepare a box of yellow cake mix following the directions on the box to mix the batter (do not bake in a separate pan; follow instructions below). Pour the batter over the pineapple and cherries. Bake at 350°F degrees. When the cake is done, loosen the edges with a butter knife. Remove from heat and allow to sit five minutes, then turn it upside down on a serving dish. Optional: Instead of using a cake mix, you can prepare the batter from scratch using the recipe below, or any recipe for yellow cake. Scratch Cake: 1 cup flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 eggs 2/3 cup sugar 1/4 cup milk Combine ingredients and beat 1 minute. Pour batter over pineapples and cherries (same as above). Bake at 350°F and follow same steps as above00
- BEST PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE :
1/3 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
9 slices canned pineapple (or crushed... as you prefer - just that the cherries will spread everywhere..)
9 maraschino cherries
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup milk
-- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 1/3 cup of butter in a 9
inch square cake pan in the oven and remove from heat. Stir
in the brown sugar. Arrange pineapple slices on top of the
sugar, and put a cherry inside of each pineapple ring. Set
aside. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Set aside. In a medium bowl cream remaining butter and sugar.
Add eggs one at a time and continue beating until light. Stir
in vanilla. Alternate additions of dry ingredients and milk
to the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with dry
ingredients. Pour over the pineapple in the cake pan. Bake
for 50 to 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the centre
comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then turn upside down
over a serving plate. Leave the pan on top of the cake for 2
to 3 minutes to let all the syrup and fruit drop out. Serve
** you may wanna serve that with whipped cream ;)
CARDAMOM & DARK RUM PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE :
~ For topping:
1/2 medium pineapple, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and cored (..or 1 can crushed pineapple, if prefered..)
3/4 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
~ For batter:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 to 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon dark rum
1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 tablespoons dark rum for sprinkling over cake
- Special equipment: a well-seasoned 10-inch cast-iron skillet
Preheat oven to 350°F.
-- Make topping:
Cut pineapple crosswise into 3/8-inch-thick pieces. Melt butter in skillet. Add brown sugar and simmer over moderate heat, stirring, 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Arrange pineapple on top of sugar mixture in concentric circles, overlapping pieces slightly.
-- Make batter:
Sift together flour, cardamom, baking powder, and salt. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, then gradually beat in granulated sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and rum. Add half of flour mixture and beat on low speed just until blended. Beat in pineapple juice, then add remaining flour mixture, beating just until blended. (Batter may appear slightly curdled.)
Spoon batter over pineapple topping and spread evenly. Bake cake in middle of oven until golden and a tester comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cake stand in skillet 5 minutes. Invert a plate over skillet and invert cake onto plate (keeping plate and skillet firmly pressed together). Replace any pineapple stuck to bottom of skillet. Sprinkle rum over cake and cool on plate on a rack.
Serve cake just warm or at room temperature.
!!! - 3 teaspoons of cardamom might look too much but i love this intense flavor. ;)
** Cake may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving, though.
FRESHLY FLAVOURED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE :
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 oz. (4 Tbs.) butter
1 small, ripe pineapple, trimmed, quartered, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (...or crushed...)
8 oz. (2 cups) cake flour
2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
4 oz. (8 Tbs.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp. finely grated orange zest (or as much as your tastebudds like :)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
Heat the oven to 350°F and lightly butter the sides of an 8-inch square pan.
~ Make the caramel -- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Bring to a boil and pour into the prepared pan. Spread with a spatula to coat the bottom evenly. Scatter or arrange the pineapple slices evenly in the caramel, overlapping them slightly. Gently press the fruit into the caramel.
~ Make the cake -- Sift together the cake flour, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until fluffy and lighter in color, about 3 min. Beat in the orange zest and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating briefly after each addition. Sprinkle half of the flour mixture over the butter mixture and, on low speed, mix just until the flour disappears. Add the yogurt and mix until just blended. Gently mix in the remaining flour. Scoop large spoonfuls of batter onto the fruit; gently spread the batter evenly in the pan. Lightly tap the pan on the counter to settle the batter. Bake until the cake is golden brown and a pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 min. Immediately run a paring knife around the inside edge of the pan. Set a flat serving plate on top of the pan and invert the cake. Let the inverted pan rest for about 5 min. to let the topping settle. Gently remove the pan and serve the cake warm or at room temperature.
- How to make peanut brittle bleed into ice cream?
- How long will coals last or do you need to add more during cooking?
- What is the Most Difficult Meal for you to cook well, and Why is it so difficult for you?
- I made some chicken stock. Now it has cooled it has some fat risen to the top. What is the best way to remove it?
- What is something that can be cooked in under 5 minutes?
- Why does my cheesecake taste so bad?
- What are some good foods to have with soured creme?
- What's delicious other than ice cream and chocolate . ..?
- What are some good foods to have with salsa?
- What kind of veggies do you like with fish?