To prove, in one sense; or to found or set up, in another.
It means to put in place. It can be a business, an organization or the verification of facts.
According to Webster
To institute permanently (as a law) ; To bring into existence ; to introduce and cause to grow and multiply
to make permanent
The Red Cross worked hard to establish a trauma center for the hurrincane victims.
The church plans to establish a love fuind to help the chldren of the man killed in the accident.
The preamble to the constitution:
In order to establish a more perfect union, We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
This Site Might Help You.
What does to establish mean?
What Does Established Mean
1. to found, institute, build, or bring into being on a firm or stable basis: to establish a university; to establish a medical practice.
2. to install or settle in a position, place, business, etc.: to establish one's child in business.
3. to show to be valid or true; prove: to establish the facts of the matter.
4. to cause to be accepted or recognized: to establish a custom; She established herself as a leading surgeon.
5. to bring about permanently: to establish order.
6. to enact, appoint, or ordain for permanence, as a law; fix unalterably.
7. to make (a church) a national or state institution.