Requirement engineering/gathering basically deals with understanding and obtaining details of what changes are required in existing software or what features are required in new software, taking into account the best interest of all the stakeholders.
Some activities involved in requirement gathering include
- Identifying who the stakeholders in the project are
- Conduct interviews with the stakeholders to obtain detailed requirements
- Documentation of all the requirements
- Creating flowcharts, usecases, data flow diagrams etc.
- Sometimes it also involves building a prototype of the project and demonstrating it to the stakeholders. That way they see what you gathered from the first round of requirements, and they can see what more they want or what they don't want. This can continue for several iterations until user is satisfied.
(You might want to study the Spiral model and Prototype model for software development, but i guess you should start with the Waterfall model)
Requirements software engineering?
Please list out the distinct steps of requirements engineering
- I think I'm ready to compete for the world tic-tac-toe, where can I file my official application?
- Doing programming as a side job?
- How should symbols be ordered/sorted from 0 to 1 before applying arithmetic coding compression algorythm? What about the following example?
- Am writing this program in Lazarus pascal and these error comes up can someone help?
- Do you think it’s stupid to memorize the syntax for programming languages?
- How the hell do I run a Python program in windows command line?
- Why have many websites enabling listening to internet radio stations been removed?
- According to programming languages, Is 6/2(3) equal to "one" or "nine"?
- Hi i am having issues on my mac woth mrcrosoft word. i was typing an assignment and havent yet saved it. how do i make t stop spinning?
- Why select vb.net?