Requirement engineering/gathering basically deals with understanding and obtaining details of what changes are required in existing software or what features are required in new software, taking into account the best interest of all the stakeholders.
Some activities involved in requirement gathering include
- Identifying who the stakeholders in the project are
- Conduct interviews with the stakeholders to obtain detailed requirements
- Documentation of all the requirements
- Creating flowcharts, usecases, data flow diagrams etc.
- Sometimes it also involves building a prototype of the project and demonstrating it to the stakeholders. That way they see what you gathered from the first round of requirements, and they can see what more they want or what they don't want. This can continue for several iterations until user is satisfied.
(You might want to study the Spiral model and Prototype model for software development, but i guess you should start with the Waterfall model)
Requirements software engineering?
Please list out the distinct steps of requirements engineering
- Can someone help me with this web application?
- How do i do sentiment analysis in PHP?
- Python Dictionaries?
- How to save numbers from web site automatically?
- Personally do you spend a lot of time on youtube?
- Is python a good programming language for beginners?
- Why are men the worst gender then women?
- Is it possible to make a browser so annonymous that not even the government can track you?
- C# how do I create a code for folder location?
- How to begin c program?