Is Time Travel Possible ?
Is it possible ? What Do You Think........
- haha, no.00
- Yes. We're constantly travelling forward in time.00
- ok If it was possible do you think some one would not have done it?10
- I'm not sure but it would be cool if you could. Just think of the places you could go.00
- It's not theoretically possible to travel faster than the speed of light, which is time travel. So no, it's not possible according to current knowledge in science.
If humans could find a way of traveling faster than the speed of light, we could reach a planet, then look behind us in time to see ourselves arriving.00
- It is possible and supported by what we currently know about physics. The problem is that we can only travel to the future. The theory of relativity states that anything approaching the speed of light will slow down, and so the faster something moves, the slower it will age, and so by going extremely fast for even a few seconds, it will appear as if you've been gone for a much longer time, which is basically traveling to the future. However, I don't believe traveling to the past is possible.10
- You would be traveling through time if you were sucked into a large black hole. The massivness of the black hole warps the usual pattern of timespace.
That's how they suck in matter, including light.
If you were sucked into a black hole, first your legs would be while your shoulders are pushed together. You would be moving so fast that it would seem like the fastest instance to you but anyone who was watching from a distance would see the whole thing happen slower.
If humans could travel as fast as the speed of light then that would be time-travel. This would also warp timespace.
But this will never happen because it is impossible for any object with any mass to travel that fast, only massless particles and waves.
So this means that it is only possible for an object to travel forward in time...
I hope you can make sense out of that.10
- Traveling backwards in time? No, it is not possible.
Traveling forwards in time? Yes, you're doing it right now, in fact.
Time is a funky thing, y'know. There are ways to slow it down (like a guy said on this page) through Time Dilation, as explained by the theory of General Relativty.
But in short, time travel is possible - but only when traveling forward in time.00
- its not possible as we know with our current technology. Einstein believed the only constant was the speed of light and his general relativity states that energy is converted into mass (E=mc^2). Therefore, when approaching the speed of light, energy is converted into mass, making it more difficult to accelerate. However, it is thought that time does slow down near large objects such as planets. Therefore, time is not constant and can change, however, obviously, you can not travel bak in time lol. We simply move forward with the curved space-time continuum. But if someone goes out into space, they would seem to have aged as time is slower on a planet as said before00
- Please guide me on this physics question?
- In youngs double slit experiment, does the wavelength of a light affect its brightness? If it increases, does the brightness change?
- The center of gravity of a non-uniform bamboo pole of length 3m is 1m away from its larger end and its weight is 50N?
- A meter stick of negligible weight is supported at the 20cm point and at the 80cm point?
- How accurate is a handgun, firing at a running person from 10 meters away?
- What s going to be on my physics test?
- What was the proof by NASA that light particle speed can be slow?
- Is it possible to go beyond time?
- Does anyone here know how to make a nuclear bomb?
- Why is gravity only noticeable on the largest of scales while the other three forces only work on the subatomic scale?