What do you know about Motherwort?
Im considering buying the herb Motherwort (sometimes called little marijuana) and dont know much about it. I am looking into it as a alternative to marijuana (because of drug testing in work). If you have any experiance with this herb can you tell me about it? Can it be smoked? Is it relaxing? How would you compare it to marijuana? Is it harmful(other than the carcinogenics)?
- Motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca) is an antispasmodic, laxative (taken as tea), diaphoretic, emmenagogue, vaso-constrictor. It is used as a nerve and heart sedative. Lowers blood pressure. It is not used in pregnancy. I've never heard of smoking it, but the actions should be similar. It is known to help withdrawal from Benzodiazepine addiction. Helps with insomnia.01
- Agree with all the above.
- "Motherwort herb is associated with wicca." You know, Wiccans use more than just that herb. Wiccans use probably all of them as do some other brands of paganism. That being said. Make sure this coming thanksgiving not to use the herbs you'd normally put on that bird. Wiccans use those. C'mon - do some independent thinking.00
- Motherwort Effects00
- Motherwort will not produce effects similar to Marijuana.
What Motherwort can do for you is help you to relax (in a non Marijuana type of way), lower blood pressure, strengthen your heart, relax palpitations, stimulate uterine action and menstrual flow. It also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
While it can be smoked, it is not pleasant, nor is it as effective as taking it in tea form. As a tea, however, it is very bitter and not very palatable, so if you are wanting to use this on a regular basis you'll have an easier time taking it as a tincture or extract.
If you have the herb growing around you, you can make a tincture yourself, very easily, which will save you a lot of money.
1) Harvest the top third of the plant (including leaves, stalks and flowers)
2) Weigh out the herb and place it in a blender with a 40% alcohol (such as Brandy or Vodka) at a rate of 1 gram herb to 2 ml alcohol
3) Blend this until all the Motherwort is well mashed down and saturated in alcohol
4) Place this in a clean glass jar and fill to the top, leaving no room for air at the top.
5) Cap tightly and place the jar in a cool dark place for at least 6 weeks
6) Strain the herb out using either cheesecloth, muslin, or even a clean dish towel and squeeze out all the alcohol from the herb
7) Store this tincture in a glass jar or bottle in a cool dark place. This tincture will be good for at least 10 years
Dosage varies from person to person, so start with 20 drops 3 x per day and increase the dosage slowly until you find what works for you.
In my experience, Motherwort is a safe, effective herb, but is best avoided by pregnant women, and by those with heavy menstrual flows because of the uterine stimulant properties of the herb.
I hope this helps:)00
- Has anybody here had any experience with those Tesla purple plates?
- Looking to get a cannabis vape refill for my mini eleaf but not sure which brand to get. Advice?
- Are you hopped up on goofballs?
- Candy flipping with molly’s?
- Are you hopped up on goofballs?
- Is there anything natural or over the counter that is good for acid reflux?
- Weed for anxiety?
- At what age dose male penis stop growing?
- Do you believe in the benefits that come from barefoot earthing, or is it simply a placebo effect?
- I want sleep but I can’t do you have any idea😢😢😢?