They send a mixed message. Everywhere we hear, "Violence is bad, end war, etc." but then we glorify it in video games.
I don't believe that any kid goes out and shoots up a school "because of" video games, but I think they have an overall impact on society that it negative.
Are video games too violent?
explain your opinion
- The ones rated M and above are, if they are not violent then they encourage strong sexual content. Majority of all big name games such as Gears of War, Halo 3, GTA IV etc. encourage a lot of violence and gore. Although games like madden are not that violent most of the games that sell a lot now a days are.00
- No,because it's the parents fault for letting the kids buy it.00
- Too violent? How would that be determined? What is the violence cutoff? I think you need to refine your question. I haven't never seen violence in video games that I won't see in a movie or TV show. Just as movies and TV are rated, video games are rated as well. It's up to retailers and parents to enforce the ratings. If you wouldn't let your kid watch Kill Bill, you shouldn't buy them Grand Theft Auto.
Personally, I've played violent video games from a young age and I'm not a violent person at all. I like fighting games, but I haven't even been in a real fight in 12 years.00
- Why did a good looking popular guy do the same thing as an ugly outcast and get a totally different response?
- How would you describe a person like this?
- Why does Elon Musk want to hook my brain up to a computer, and read my thoughts?
- Who are the Hebrews?
- Is 18 young for a person to die?
- Do most white Americans identify as European?
- Do you ever feel like people want to control you and make you feel like you have to behave a certain way in society?
- How to avoid mansplaining?
- Which career is genuinely less stressful?
- Will blacks go into space?