My BOYFRIEND made me BIPOLAR?
I'm wondering if I'm bipolar these days. I went through a lot of stress, trauma, and drama, in being in an unhealthy unbalanced relationship the last 2yrs. I don't trust anyone now. The past 2yrs I have been extremely irritable, upset, depressed, crying uncontrollably sometimes, overwhelmed feelings, loss of direction in life, and feeling like no one in the world cares about me. I have even thought about ending it all. I'm 24yrsold, I live alone, I HATE living alone, when I am alone that's when I'm the most depressed and just want to drown out my misery. I don't have health insurance. Could I be bipolar? What should I do? Thanks
- Don't blame your boyfriend for your own mental problems. Tisk tisk. Come live with me if you don't like living alone;D05
- You're not bipolar, but you probably are suffering from clinical depression. See your doctor and ask for a referral so you can see a psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist. They can help you.10
- Sounds like you're depressed. If you had a miserable relationship so be it. But that doesn't make it his fault. Now stop blaming him or worrying about yourself. Stand up dust yourself off and go out and meet some people. Go someplace where a bad attitude won't seem so out of place for a while. A Biker bar, heck almost any bar you'll find a lot of people who feel like you do. You're too young and undoubtedly too pretty to let a life's experience or episode determine your fate or future. Let yourself have some room to breathe and grieve with the intention of looking toward a happy life and try to have some fun in the meantime. Nothing stays that way.11
- dont end it all. theres a way where you can do that but still live happy.
start saving money for a place to move. far away from where you are now. start a neww job, a new life. realize that you can make yourself happy your just not happy with life now. i know its hard but you starting with a clean slate is going to be the best thing to do. as for your depression you need to think of the glass half full other then half empty. for instance you live alone? think of it as if someone did live with you. what if she just wanted to party and bring perople home. come home all hours of the night, and is very loud and disgusting. i hope i helped. email me if you still have things you wanna talk about!02
- Stop being a *****, it's called melancholy. Go be productive.03
- Well im no doctor but i do have a father and aunt with bipolar disorder and it is horrible living with someone with that illness specially when they are not medicated. I will tell you this it is a roller coaster of emotions all your life beginning right after puberty so i doubt u are bipolar it sounds more like a depression so go see a doctor get a referral for a therapist and you'll feel better/11
- First, Bipolar disorder is something you either have or you don't have. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain. You don't get it from being in a bad relationship.
It sounds like you are depressed. This is not something that will go away just because you are living with someone. Depression is also a caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. Both conditions are treatable with medication.
The biggest difference between someone who is depressed and someone with Bipolar disorder is the manic state. With Bipolar you go from being severely depressed to being extremely manic. The mania can last for a few hours or days.
You do need to talk to someone about the depression. See if there is someone in your area that treats on a sliding scale. You can get referrals from a Crisis Center.10
- Tom's a Deucebag,
Here's some real advice.
Honestly I don't think your bipolar I think that your just having a rough time with this guy and if you are not happy with him let him go. If you love him or not. Love is not love if you are not happy with this guy. Tell him how you fell. If you already did and he's not buying it kick his *** to the curb and move on with your life. Life's hard and trust is hard to earn. I don't trust the world all this violence and I am scared to go outside pass 10:00 because of what can happen to me. You my friend are not bipolar you are just moving through on of lifes hard factors. You hit the bump in the road. And all you have to do is learn how to get over it.01
- Your bf can't give you bipolar. You aren't describing mania, either, so I'd guess that you are not bipolar. It sounds like you have some serious depression going on, and real tough issues stemming from your prior relationship. If you don't want to continue feeling as you do, which makes a lot of sense, find an experienced therapist who you can respect and trust to work out some of the baggage. A therapist can also help you figure out if you need antidepressants. Or, go see your doctor and get on antidepressants while seeking out a therapist. What you described sounds like depression started by a situation, so deal with the left overs from the bad relationship. Pills alone are temporary. Learning how to move beyond and cope lasts a lifetime.
You can contact your county mental health department for services. There is help out there even if you don't have insurance. There also are therapists who do sliding scale rates for some patients. You can call around and explain your situation. You will never know what help is out there unless you reach out for it.11
- No someone can not cause you to be bipolar. Its causeed by a malfunction of the brain, not stress or trama. Maybe have trust and depression issues because of it. You should probably try to see a therapist. There are many clinics that work on sliding scale based on income. You just have to do the work to find one near you. What you descrribe sounds like depression and maybe other issues that just some therapy would straighten out. Doesnt even sound like clinical depression, so you most likely wouldnt even need meds. Though if a Dr thinks they would help would be worth trying
But you definitly did not describe bipolar at all. Bipolar is not just being moody. It is having both SEVERE depression AND mania. Depression alone is unipolar.01
- Where are you not welcome anymore?
- Is this OCD?
- Remedies of cancer?
- Why I am obsessed with touching soft objects? I mainly have a really soft pillow with me and when I don’t, I have to find something else.?
- Why is George w Bush not upset that both his parents died?
- Is this just depression? What should I do?
- I have strong sudden urges to kill my wife sometimes. These feelings have been going on for about 4 years. I haven’t acted upon them but?
- How old are you and when is your birthday?
- Am I stupid for self harming?
- Would you KILL a kitten, if you were offered a LOT of money for it?