Well a good choice would be the Easy Walk Harness. With this harness the leash attaches in the front by the chest. This way when the leash is pulled the dog gets pulled to the side instead of just back. This distracts the dog more and stops pulling faster.
You may also want to try a gentle leader head collar. The straps go high on the neck and across the snout. When the dog pulls pressure is placed on the snout and back of the neck. This sensation is similar to how a mother or pack leader would correct an out of line wolf in the wild. This is another option for dogs that choke themselves on their traditional collars (like my dog does). In this collar the dog can bark, eat, and generally open their mouth. It is not a muzzle. This is also good for lungers. The leash attaches under your dogs chin, so if you gently pull the leash the head (and body) will turn the direction you are going. The only thing is that it must be properly fitted to work correctly. It comes with a DVD or you can have a trainer or vet help you.
Beware traditional harnesses, because they can actually encourage pulling. Because they go around the body the dog now has the full force of their body to pull against the leash (and you). These were originally developed for dogs that pulled sleds, cargo, etc. While appropriate for dogs with delicate necks (the smaller the of toy breeds) they may not be great for a beagle.
Hi. i was wondering if anyone owns a harnness that has worked well with their dog. I own a beagle and so instead of her chocking herself i wanted to get her a harness. If u know a specific good brand if you give me the name i'll look it up. I've seen some on petco.com but some of the reviews seem to be written by them. any help is appreciated.
they make walking harnesses.
they are costome made to fit your dog.
you can choose your own fabrics too they are AWESOME
I have used her weight pull harnesses and they are VERY well make
Oh the haulty(spelling) will help with pulling . this goes over the muzzle area and around the neck. they are great for stopping pullers.01
- Dog only eat other dog leftover?
- German shepherd has black belly and an unpleasant smell.. Any ideas on the issue?
- Is it okay to lock an energetic dog in a room for 8 hours, as long as they were tookin on a walk beforehand, and have access to water?
- Christians, in the mail on-line, Amanda Brookfield says that she has been saved,?
- Is leaving dogs outside in freezing temperatures wrong?
- Best age to buy a puppy for kids? Or easiest time to buy?
- What’s your favorite dog breed?
- Name suggestions for a male german shepard puppy?
- My boyfriend likes his dog more than me?
- My dog farts so much!?