Help with photos on 360 and Flickr?
I have pics on Flickr that only my friends can see. I want to put them on 360, but when I click share photos it says it's sharing my public flickr photostream. Is there a way I can get them on 360 without making them public?
- put it privateor send it to your friends instead00
- Yes. Flickr blames the photostream problem on Y!360, but had been working with them on fixing it. Yet the work on that issue stopped after Y!360 announced plans to move to a new social networking system during the 2nd half 2008. Read more about it here: http://flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/56845... .
In short, you should give up on trying to share a photostream on your 360 space. For many people, it never worked or stopped working properly eons ago.
There are other ways to share images on your 360 space, but it will mostly be in your blog area (for which you can set permissions that allow only connected 360 "Friends" to see it - see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/360/per... ):
1) Above your entry space, click the "Browse" button for the photo upload tool. Search for the image that's saved to your hard drive. It must be a JPEG formatted image (extension ending with .jpg, .jpeg, and .jpe) and under 5 MB in file size.
* The picture will appear above your entry and doing it this way, you can only use one picture.
NOTE: The following methods require that your image is hosted via an online hosting service like Flickr (http://flickr.com ) and Photobucket (http://photobucket.com/ ):
2) Check out the 360 team post on dragging & dropping photos into blogs: http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-1qCkw2Ehaak.hdNZkEAzDrpa4Q--?cq=1&p=4294
* This method allows many photos to be used in an entry, with your choice in placement. Make sure that you are using an image that's on it's own page (not on a page that is shared with others). So click on the image and get to that image's full detail page (likely the largest view of the picture, not the thumbnail).
3) Copy and paste an absolute URL for the image (which looks http://www.domainname.com/nameoffile.gif or .jpg....something similar to that) into a blog entry.
- Check the box next "View HTML source" box (on the upper right of your entry's space).
- Type in the HTML code:
<img src="URL of image" height="# of pixels" width="# of pixels">
NOTE: With Flickr, just use the block of code above the pic's URL that they tell you to use...wouldn't want to violate their guidelines.
- Uncheck the "View HTML source" box to get back to the regular blog screen.
WARNING: Do not save your entry with out adding some text.
- Click "Save"
* This method allows you to use any formatted image as long as it's hosted on an online server and not only your hard drive. Check each service for their list of accepted file types before choosing one.
Create slideshows to embed in a blog entry and then choose to highlight the entry to make it appear on the top right side of your blog (if you like). Slideshow services: slide.com, rockyou.com, photobucket.com (although photobucket limits the number of pictures in one slideshow album), picasa.google.com . I'd recommend slide.com for you, as you can set the slideshows/albums on private there as well. I'm not sure about the rest of the services:
- Find the embed code for the album that you want to add.
- Click on "My Blog" and create a new entry.
- Type some text in the actual entry space as well, as it might not save.
- Click the box next to "View HTML source" in the upper right of the entry space before adding code.
- Copy the embed code and paste it into the space.
- Click "Show Options" link at the bottom of the entry and click the highlight option.
- Click the box next to "View HTML source" to get back to regular view if necessary. It may not show up until the entry is Previewed or Saved.
- Click "Save" button and see if it appears.00
- How do I view my profile?
- Why won't my profile picture show after I sign into email? It shows in my account info.?
- Updated personal informations. Second photo.?
- Hello. how can i change my name and my nickname on yahoo ? Thanks?
- Is anyone having trouble changing your yahoo answers username?
- I can't look at my own profile. It doesn't exist, according to Yahoo. Is anyone else having this problem, and when did it start if they are?
- White people- Stop being racist. Why is it so hard for you to do that?
- How do I change my username in yahoo.?
- I cant change my birth date of yahoo account. would you please help me about this matter?
- Where do I find my yahoo profile page?