Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Walking????" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
yes and running too
For the average person just walking will not tone you up but yes, it will burn calories. The lower the intensity of the activity or exercise the smaller the number of calories burned per unit of time. For example, you can burn more calories in 15 minutes of bicycling at a high intensity level than you can in 45 minutes of easy walking. I also recommend to combine your cardio with some resistance training to 'tone up' and remember the key to exercise is CONSISTENCY. The main benefits to walking are increased blood flow, circulation & immune system stregth not weight loss. I hope this helps :-)
You can have fun while walking.
Yes absolutely! The way walking can help is that it's an aerobic activity that will burn calories and help you lose weight. There's no way to target just one area, like your stomach. You'll have to lose weight all over and then your stomach will shrink.
You'll have to make sure that your heart rate is elevated while walking so (find your target heart rate zone) to make sure you're burning enough calories for weight loss. Research has shown that you need to walk 60 minutes a day, five days a week to lose weight by walking.
Walking will mostly tone the lower part of your body so I recommend strength training 2-3 times a week for 15-30 minutes. You don't have to go to a gym, you can do it at home, but muscle burns calories so the more lean muscle mass you have, the more calories your body will burn naturally, even when watching TV.
- How can I spend $10 on food (in a healthy way)?
- Advice to get back in shape?
- How we are accelerating resources depletion?
- Wanting to lose weight, please tell me ideas and help?
- Is 26 years old considered still young?
- Is it bad to eat McDonalds every day?
- Is it bad to eat McDonalds every ?
- A guy that I'm sexually involved with called me voluptuous. Is he not attracted to me?!?
- Can you grab fat on your belly?
- How much weight would you lose if you ate minimal to no food for a week?