Low calorie, healthy breakfast ideas?
I'd like some very low calorie however tasty and nutrious breakfast ideas! I've been eating cereal since I can remember, and I fancy something else! However my family doesn't eat breakfast, and I;ve only ever ate cereal, so I have no idea what I should be eating for breakfast!
I'll try just about anything so long as it's healthy!
Thanks in advance
I'll try just about anything so long as it's healthy!
Thanks in advance
- Parfaits are amazing. You layer yogurt, granola and fruit in a cup. . . it's a tastey nitrites way to have breakfast.00
- Oh gosh! I love breakfast... there's everything!
Eggs. You can use real eggs, or egg substitutes. You can scramble them, fry them, sunny side up, over easy, over hard, poached, omlettes.... so many choices! I love to mix in different ingredients. I make "Scramble Omlettes" by mixing veggies, cheeses, and meats into scrambled eggs.
Fruit! Fruit salad, plain fresh fruit, fruit yogurt, fruit smoothies, you name it!
Bagels... get whole wheat or multi-grain and use 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese... or Light "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter."
I love organic Blueberry Waffles! Healthy, and better than regular waffels. Get them frozen- easy fast breakfast! You can get any kind of frozen waffels really. Go for wheat, multi-grain, healthy stuff. Use a sugar free syrup to save on calories, or use fruit toppings.
When I am not too hungry I toast up some wheat bread, spread it with light cream cheese or "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" and top it with honey. Mmmm.
Low fat cottage cheese or rice pudding is yummy, too. Add fruit!
Oatmeal is good. Go for low fat options.
There's everything! Gosh I love breakfast. If you want a good side dish, but want to save on calories... go for turkey bacon. Also, veggie sausage or bacon will save you some calories and fat.10
- Oatmeal is one of the most perfect foods. Have it with a bit of milk and some Splenda or brown sugar. It is full of fiber which will help you feel full longer and get you through your morning.00
- scrambled egg whites seasoned with pepper and garlic powder with whole wheat toast.
an egg white omelette with fat free cheese and fresh herbs.
a fresh fruit smoothie made with fat free yogurt (you can use any kind of fruit that you like. bananas, strawberries, and blue berries are a great combination).
oatmeal made with skim milk. Add honey and diced bananas to make it sweet without sugar.
a fruit salad is very easy. just mix severral different kinds of fresh fruit such as diced apples, pears, grapes, and cantaloupe. Dip fruit in a fat free vanilla yogurt.
"banana toasties" are also very good. Take whole wheat bread and place under broiler to toast on one side. on the untoasted side spread some fat free cream cheese. top with sliced bananas and place back under the broiler until cream cheese is slightly melty. drizzle with honey and enjoy.
They also make whole wheat frozen waffles now if you want a quick fix. add some light syrup (aunt jamima's is very good).
I hope this helps. best wishes.10
- i have 2 apple cinnamon rice cakes with peanut butter spread on top. the peanut butter is a good protein for breakfast, and healthy.00
- You know Quakers, they have the instant porridge in the sachets? Cook the oats with water on the hob (not the microwave, because it causes the oats to shrink, giving you a teeny portion) and throw in some chopped up fruit, eg; strawberries, blueberries, tinned peaches, etc, and add cinnamon and splenda to taste, cook until your desired consistency and that breakfast is no more than 100 cals. Plus, it keeps you feeling full for a long time.00
- Well now let's see what about a egg omelet o.k. depending on if you eat eggs or egg beaters in the carton, some people have a choice. Well you will need eggs,cheese, bell pepper any color some type of lean meat like turkey bacon, or ham(lean) that is just be creative what ever veggies you like you can add them as well. Crack egg in a bowl mix small amount of milk whip with a fork pour mixture into pan with butter let cook1minute then add all other foods try to flip one side over the veggies and cheese if it doesn't work just eat them scramble taste great if that's not you then buy Lean Pockets there quick and very tasty.00
- try some plain yogurt or vanilla like dannon light and fit
with fresh strawberries or blueberries
add alittle granola like nature valley half of a granola bar
thats a great treat
Whole wheat bagel toasted no butter though or cream cheese
2 hard boiled eggs with 2 slices whole wheat bread
plain oatmeal either the 5 min or quick 1 min oats and add fresh fruit or dried like apricots or nothing taste good any way
with a banana or apple on side00
- You've asked for some breakfast ideas that are healthy but also very low calorie. Since you have not specified what you mean by very low calorie I can share with you some ideas for a healthy breakfast that have no more than 350 calories. I consider that to be low calorie such as one might have when on a 1200 calorie diet but not very low calorie.
I hope you are getting at least 1200 calories in your daily diet! 1200 calories is the minimum number of calories nutritionists and dietitians recommend for women. Most women actually need more than 1200 calories a day for balanced nutrition and to meet basic energy needs (basal metabolic rate plus the energy cost of physical activity).
Eggs; low fat yogurts; fresh fruit; V8 or other vegetable juice; whole grain breads, pancakes, waffles, and muffins; oatmeal; and low fat cottage cheese are all good breakfast choices in addition to dry cereal.
Smoothies can be a good choice if you choose low calorie ingredients such as peaches, strawberries and other berries, a small banana, low fat plain or vanilla yogurt, or skim milk. You might also choose to use vanilla soy milk. Many smoothie combinations can actually be high calorie so be aware of what you are choosing for your ingredients and how much.
Bagels are dense and so are often high calorie. Read the nutrition label to check the calorie count per bagel. Muffins can also be quite high calorie. That's why I recommend making your own. Commercial varieties are often bigger than necessary and not very healthy.
Here's an example of a low calorie healthy breakfast for only 308 calories:
Top 2 halves of a multi-grain english muffin with low fat cottage cheese and sliced fresh strawberries. Eat along with one hard-boiled egg.
1 English Muffin (100 calories, Light Multi-Grain by Thomas)
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese (1% milkfat)
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 hard-boiled egg
protein: 28.3 grams
dietary fiber: 11 grams
calcium: 264 mg
Vitamin C: 89.4 mg
If you would like more ideas for healthy low calorie breakfasts please read an article I have posted at my website:
Low calorie breakfasts can be wonderful. Enjoy!00
- Would it be a good combination for my birthday cake if I did Oreo ice cream on the bottom then strawberry cheesecake ice cream on the top?
- HELP- can you eat frozen bean burger when it’s been opened in package in the freezer for a year but best before end date is December 2019?
- Can air fresheners in your home contaminate your food flavor?
- Trumps attorney is just like himself, he can't SHUT UP LIKE THIS IDIOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE, HEY?
- Can men eat special k or is it just for women?
- Does all fast food.make people gain weight?
- If you are old school did you grow up around parents/grand parents who ate picked eggs, picked pigs feet and pickled beets?
- Do any of you out there like chocolate and what is your favorite chocolate brand?
- If its 33 degrees outside can i keep my ice cream in the car?
- If you bought bananas on Monday and today is Tuesday, and you are some yesterday will the rest be okay to eat on Wednesday?