Get in touch with charities in the area to see if they can help you rally the community to pool resources to do something for them. It may be that if the public knows what the problems are, where the people are, and what they can do that they might be willing to do what they can to alleviate the problems.
Money, time, etc.
Problem with my community?
theres a problem with my community.. The poor older people arent able to afford health care and cant afford the costs of the hospital.. therefore they die earlier than they should.. Also, they are unable to get around and go places.. No activities nothing.. They are also really poor, so they cant support themselves.. What can I, as a leader, do for them?
- You must push for free health care for all. Together we can make doctors and hospitals work for a reasonable wage....say $25 and hour and then our medical costs will be much lower. I think that it is high time we have price and wage controls and stop this madness00
- You can donate money to the needy.00
- You can get them access to any programs for the elderly near where you live, and if there aren't any, call your local government and get some going. If you live in the USA, there are resources available at senior centers and through AARP.
If not, start a charity for them and get donations to help them pay their bills and get healthcare; the acitivities are relatively easy, they don't need anything complicated, just attention, singing, company and some sitting in their chairs arm and leg exercises, and perhaps some card games, etc.00
- Are you in the US? I live in the US, and here is my take. The government bankrupts itself giving tax breaks to the rich, and therefore can not provide the poor with anything. Its always the way it works. All I can to do suggest to change it is call your congressmen. Also, if you have the means, you can apply for some government funding and start a community organization designed to help those very people.
I have to say, good for you for wanting to make a change. So many people feel the problem is too big, or that its not their problem, or say dumb things like "Go get a job" instead of dealing with the real issue.00
- Do you think my boyfriend and I will ever work through this?
- Why do people want to communicate with others who don't speak their language? What do they want? What do they seek?
- Many movie villains have facial deformities or limps. Is this unfair to real people with those conditions that are actually NOT villains?
- How could I go about selling some items that are linked to a serial killer?
- Is it snowing?
- What does a fox say?
- (People born prior to 1980 only) Which decade is better, the ‘80s or ‘90s?
- Why is it the older we get the more impatient we get?
- Why do people feel the need to comment on my height?
- Is The President of the European Union higher than The British Monarch?