What does the upside down cross symbolize?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "What does the upside down cross symbolize?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
It could stand for St. Peter or the anti-Christ or just someone that is anti-Christian.
Edit: LOL, dwarves
It is the Cross of St. Peter who in 64 AD was crucified but he said that he was unworthly of dying in the same way than Jesus Christ so the Romans put the cross upside down.
In later days the Satanists will adopt it as an anti-Christian symbol.
St, Peter was crucified on an inverted cross.
It means you need to dig a deeper hole next time you crucify someone.
Its meant to symbolise the anti-christ.
The reversed cross, also known as the cross of St. Peter, has also been used as an emblem of Satanism, although more often by non-satanists than believers. Historically, it has been a symbol of humility, a symbol of Martyred St. Peter's refusal to be crucified in the manner of Christ, preferring to be hung upside down.
It's generally used to symbolize anti-christianity sentiment. I listen to a lot of death metal and I see bands use upside down crosses all the time.
so was peter upside also
The upside down cross is a Satanic cross and symbol. It's displayed upside down to show an active hostility and mockery towards anything to do with God and Jesus Christ. Also if you ever happen to see any pictures of the Pope sitting on his throne, you will notice at the very top of the throne an upside down cross. The Catholics excuse for that is that Peter was supposedly crucified upside down on a cross because he didn't feel worthy enough to be crucified as Jesus was. The Bible nowhere records the upside down crucifixion of an apostle.
History affirms that the apostle Peter was crucified in Rome during the persecutions of Nero in AD64, but the exact nature of that crucifixion (i.e., upside down) is less certain.
- Why do people have to kiss the hand of the pope?
- Christians why shouldn't freethinkers say, there is no physical evidence of a god therefore there is no god?
- True or False: Atheists LIVE TO RAPE?
- When the prophet Dee Snyder said "we're not gonna take it" was he talking from the perspective of altar boys?
- CHRISTIANS- they discriminate AGAINST gays, lesbians, transgendered so much. HMMMM?
- Can Christians be racist?
- Is Jesus God?
- Can you pray for me to get better?
- Why don't atheists understand god made the universe look old, 6000 years ago, and offered no explanation why to show how awesome he is?
- Does anyone else believe in multiple religions at the same time? For example, I have a "friend" who is half Christian, half Muslim.?