a primary source is something (an object, artifacts) that were there at the time of an event.
eg. a diary
so i guess so.
but it depends on whether he/she made up the information themselves, or whether they studied other sources before they wrote the articles.
if they studied other articles first, its not a primary source, its a secondary source.
if they made it up themself, its a primary.
What is a primary source?
If the topic is Toni Morrison's works and themes would a primary source be any of the books and articles she wrote?
- Primary source is a term used in a number of disciplines. In historiography, it is a document, recording or other source of information that was created at roughly the time being studied, by an authoritative source, usually one with direct personal knowledge of the events being described.
Similar (but not identical) definitions are used in library science, and other areas of scholarship. A primary source could be a first-handed source from the past including diaries or artifacts. Primary sources have been described as those sources closest to the origin of the information or idea under study. Primary sources have been said to provide researchers with "direct, unmediated information about the object of study."
They may contain original research or new information not previously published elsewhere. They have been distinguished from secondary sources, which often cite, comment on, or build upon primary sources. They serve as an original source of information or new ideas about the topic. Primary and secondary, however, are relative terms, and any given source may be classified as primary or secondary, depending on how it is used.00
- No. The Gospels have been written approximately 70 years after the meant dying of Jesus. regular factors are written on the time of the events happening, and in many situations via somebody who grow to be there to witness the events. The authors of the Gospels won't be in a position to be generic, nor can the events interior the Bible be generic, so it won't be in a position to be seen a regular source.00
- A primary source is a document, speech, or other sort of evidence written, created or otherwise produced during the time under study. Primary sources offer an inside view of a particular event. Examples include:
Original documents: autobiographies, diaries, e-mail, interviews, letters, minutes, news film footage, official records, photographs, raw research data, speeches
Creative works: art, drama, films, music, novels, poetry
Relics or artifacts: buildings, clothing, DNA, furniture, jewelry, pottery
Examples of primary sources:
Plato's Republic - women in ancient Greece
The Declaration of Independence - U. S. history
African-American Poetry (1750-1900) – U. S. history & literature
Diary of Anne Frank - experiences of Jews in World War II
film footage of the assassination of President J. F. Kennedy
National Security Data Archives – U. S. history ~ declassified documents
Secondary sources provide interpretation and analysis of primary sources.
Secondary sources are one step removed from the original event or "horse's mouth."
Examples of secondary sources:
Britannica Online encyclopedia (online)
American National Biography (database)
literary criticism analyzing a play, poem, novel, or short story
magazine or newspaper articles about events or people
political commentary analyzing an election or politician (via Lexis-Nexis database)
III. Finding Sources
Finding sources are research tools that lead to primary or secondary sources. Developed by subject experts, they provide quality filters unavailable via the Internet's search engines. The UNR Libraries' web site provides access to a variety of research resources:
so basically a primary source is a specific piece of positive evidence which could be found at the crime scene . for example at school ages ago we were doing the black death , a picture painted of the scene would be a primary source . it shows the dead people and explains what happened , afterall every picture tells a story!10
- How to simplify 2/x^2-4 + 1/1 into single fraction ?
- Answering a question about how the south proliferates racism... her question, my answer?
- I need help and rudimentary understanding of this math question?
- What is the impact that bias can have on how a researcher determines the outcome of a test/study?
- If we Americans are not from England. Then why do we speak English?
- I need ANY ENGLISH word that has two meanings... thxs!?
- Is President Trump responsible for the United States losing the Vietnam War???
- What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?
- Marlo dug a ditch in 30 minutes Maricris, can dig same size ditch in 1 hour. Working together, how long will it take them to dig the ditch?
- What can you say about gender inequality?