How are backgroung checks done? By social security number or name?
- By all of the above. Sometimes they're done by finger prints as well.00
- Full name and date of birth are the basic requirements. Social Security number adds icing to the cake.00
- Most are done with a Social Security trace performed first. This lists address that you lived at and tells someone which counties to check. A Federal background check really only checks about 42 states and if the County never provided the record to them, they won't have it. Same goes with Statewide checks, most of them are less accurate than the county records (except for most of New York, which requires a Statewide for most counties).
A good screening company will check any "hit" the get from any source at the county level to look for convictions.
At the county level, many things are compaired, to include name, Driver License number, date of birth, social security number, and address as listed when filed.
P.S. Social Security numbers are being omitted from many public records, but that doesn't mean the records that the clerk has access to for legal reasons doesn't have that information.00
- Can a divorce be finalized before child support is settled?
- On TV they're saying McConell can't pass the bill to end the shutdown because they can't muster 60 votes....?
- Am I wrong to do this?
- Is online dating for sad, pathetic, desperate, outcasts, who are cowardly losers and overweight single parents?
- Is it okay if your husband makes you dress like a Japanese schoolgirl every night?
- If I am training a new employee at my job am I supposed to be paid extra for training someone?
- I'm a short and ugly guy. Can I sue my parents for making me this way?
- My step father told me if I don't get a job in 3 weeks he is going to kick me out.?
- A co worker threw away my paycheck, can the company give me another one?
- Am I being under paid as a babysitter?