If you are an officer, you won't have any cool fighting jobs available to you.
In the Marines the infantry is where the "cool fighting jobs" are, and you can't do those as an officer. Officer = desk + telephone + brewing coffee.
if i go to collage first then enlist in the army, will i become an officer? what if i don't wanna start off as an officer? i was told alot of the cool jobs during the war, (not just desk jobs) aren't for officers. and i really wanna fight
- If you ENLIST in the army, you will not be an officer. If you join the Army at all you certainly won't be a Marine officer. You have to be commisioned as an officer, not enlist. I don't know where collage is, but college obviously wouldn't hurt you any. If you enlist in the USMC there are programs that can get you to Officer Candidate School eventually.10
- As a Marine Officer you WILL get to fight if you choose Infantry, Artillery, or Combat Engineer. Yes, less officers fight, but that is because there is roughly 1 officer for every 40 enlisted Marines.
If you have an interest in becoming a Marine Officer read "One Bullet Away" by Capt. Nat Fink. He the platoon leader for one of he first Recon teams in Iraq. His time in Iraq definitely involved fighting (including automatic grenade launchers) and so will yours if you choose Infantry. My OSO told me that if a candidate wants Infantry they will get it plain and simple.
The only reason not to start as an officer is if you want to get paid less and have less responsibility. If you are going to college you should take the opportunity that most of the Marines who enlisted did not have. Who knows, once you are a Marine you may find that it is not what you want to do for the rest of your life and if you leave as an officer you'll have much better opportunities than if you left as an enlisted.00
- Lod with oth any medical?
- Is there a height limit to be a pilot in the Air Force? I’m 15 and I’m around 6 3” and I’m trying to get into the Air Force Academy.?
- Is it cool i keep checking this guy from my college class' profile to see his beautiful face?
- What's a good Soviet Battle Rifle?
- Do you find those who admit to being willing to die for the United Kingdom and its defective system funny?
- Why do military spouses get thanks for their service when they didn't technically serve?
- Does the Royal Navy ferry migrants to UK?
- Would you die for your country?
- During army basic training, if I suffer with insomnia will I be able to go to medical and request sleeping medication to help me sleep?
- Dad's born in Mexico but is us resident and has been here for over 25 years any problem for me getting secret clearance in navy?