What was author Ambrose's argument or thesis in the book "Undaunted Courage" ?
Besides telling about Lewis and Clark's expedition, Stephen Ambrose seemed to have another purpose in writing "Undaunted Courage".
- I don't keep a list of what I've read (I lack the discipline to keep any list updated). I don't think I've read as many as you though. I've been reading vampire stories since 1990. My favorite series is the Vampire Chronicles. If you haven't tried Lynn Viehl yet, go for it. I think you will really like it. The series is called The Darkyn. She just had the last book in the series published a couple of months ago and is now launching a spin-off series titled The Kindred. She's really good. I don't see a few others I've liked. However, I can't access your full list, so maybe you have them there. Oh, and quite a bunch of what you have listed here is urban fantasy not romance. Some examples: Patricia Briggs, L.A. Banks, Charlaine Harris, Laurel K. Hamilton, and a few others fall into that category. Anne Rice doesn't write either urban fantasy or romance. If you classify by genre as well, you may want to start researching.00
- Hmmm! Might the title itself be a clue, ya think?
"Undaunted" = what? look up its meaning
"Courage" - that's a "gimme"
If you've read the book, does Ambrose repeat these ideas or give examples of them in the narrative of the expedition?
If you haven't read the book, you need to, asap! It's a good read (for pleasure, not just to find out the thesis).
Tip: the preface or first chapter is usually where you'll find out any author's purpose in writing any book. Also check the final chapter and the closing paragraphs to see if he has indeed done what he set out to do!00
- Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 good for reading books and magazines or should I get an Amazon Paperwhite?
- Can I use a gift card to buy books and have them shipped on line?
- Are there any good Audible alternatives that let you listen to unlimited books for a monthly fee without having to buy the audiobooks?
- The word parish in the lion witch and wardrobe?
- I need a good book asap?
- Why do liberals hate everyone they disagree with?
- Why do writers feel the need to include evil characters?
- "To Kill A Mockingbird". Don't you just hate that stupid, boring book??? Why do they force us to read that book in English class? It sucks!?
- Do you think J.K. Rowling really wrote the Harry Potter books?
- Do you prefer Lord of the rings or Harry Potter?