What was author Ambrose's argument or thesis in the book "Undaunted Courage" ?
Besides telling about Lewis and Clark's expedition, Stephen Ambrose seemed to have another purpose in writing "Undaunted Courage".
- I don't keep a list of what I've read (I lack the discipline to keep any list updated). I don't think I've read as many as you though. I've been reading vampire stories since 1990. My favorite series is the Vampire Chronicles. If you haven't tried Lynn Viehl yet, go for it. I think you will really like it. The series is called The Darkyn. She just had the last book in the series published a couple of months ago and is now launching a spin-off series titled The Kindred. She's really good. I don't see a few others I've liked. However, I can't access your full list, so maybe you have them there. Oh, and quite a bunch of what you have listed here is urban fantasy not romance. Some examples: Patricia Briggs, L.A. Banks, Charlaine Harris, Laurel K. Hamilton, and a few others fall into that category. Anne Rice doesn't write either urban fantasy or romance. If you classify by genre as well, you may want to start researching.00
- Hmmm! Might the title itself be a clue, ya think?
"Undaunted" = what? look up its meaning
"Courage" - that's a "gimme"
If you've read the book, does Ambrose repeat these ideas or give examples of them in the narrative of the expedition?
If you haven't read the book, you need to, asap! It's a good read (for pleasure, not just to find out the thesis).
Tip: the preface or first chapter is usually where you'll find out any author's purpose in writing any book. Also check the final chapter and the closing paragraphs to see if he has indeed done what he set out to do!00
- What are your favorite novels?
- What is a better take on white and black magic and wizards, Harry Potter by JK Rowling or The wizard of earthsea by Ursula Leguin?
- What’s the theme of the clockwork orange book?
- Best counselling books for students to buy?? Help! Thanks!?
- What is your favorite book series?
- Is it possible to sue or have someone change the name of a character in their book?
- Is it better to add the page numbers while you're writing the book or after you've finished writing the book?
- Is the" Sir" title the highest title in the world? does it rules over every title?
- What are your favorite books?
- Instead of writing "He or she...." should we shorten it to "s/he" ?