Sounds beautiful, actually, and it will be if it's done right. It's great to see someone trying to do a smoky eye with something other than brown or gray!
You should search makeup sites for the look to see how it's done, what colors to use. Visit the top cosmetics websites for inspiration (Stila, Mac, Bobbi Brown, etc.).
Would smokey eyes in greens work on someone with dark brown eyes, dark brown hair & fair skin?
- hell yea, thas prettyness right there00
- to bring out brown, use purple eye shadow in plum or dark. the key to smokey eyes is to apply a little layer of eyeshadow to bottom lid00
- I think for dark eyes, dark purple may be better.00
- Yes it would work. Just pick shades of green that wont make you look like you have a black eye. Apply some concealer to your eyelid before you start... it gives the eyeshadow something to grab hold of and the color will stand out even more. Also remember to BLEND BLEND BLEND!!!!! Good Luck! :)00
- I think it would be a little too harsh against your color. That usually looks good on bronze or tanned skinned women00
- I do it all the time, and I have the same characteristics you describe. The trick I use, is add the green and all, and then at the end, add some black eyeshadow close to the top eyelid. It adds a dramatic effect, and doesn't make you look washed out. AND, it makes the brown in your eyes stand out more too :)00
- A definite yes! I have dark brown eyes with dark hair and I recently did a green smokey eyemakeupI .Here is a tutorial with step by step pictures on it.. You can easily do many variations by just changing the green color with purple,teal,blue,gold or even grey! Hope you like it :)
- ok, it rather is what I do. and that i've got dark blue eyes. I initiate off with an oil loose moisturizer on my eyelid to make it stay longer (Neutrogena Oil loose SPF 15 Moisture is what i exploit via fact it rather is only $13 for like a three month furnish). Then I positioned black eyeliner on my backside lid and smudge it only rather with a q tip. Then I positioned the black eyeliner on my precise lid and smudge that to positioned on it seems rather mixed. Then below my brow, i exploit a white smimmery eyeshadow and that i exploit it below my foreheadwith somewhat fluffy brush and on the interior nook of my eye. The in my crease i exploit an somewhat exceedingly gold eyeshadow and that i mixture that for the duration of. Then throughout your lid use a mocha brown eyeshadow and combine that interior the the gold so evidently like it rather is fading right into a darker colour from the white. Then use 2 to 3 coats of black mascara on you precise lashes. I reccomend Maybelline Lash Stiletto for sort of $8 and the eyeshadow could nicely be any sort yet moist 'n Wild has some rather good palletes for no longer that lots. good success with your smokey eyes!00
- absolutely! smokey eyes look great on everyone. the trick is finding just the right shades and practicing!here is my smokey eye...step by step and simple as can be... (feel free to substitute lighter shades for the ones i mention)
start with a clean canvas...concealer, foundation, and/or powder in place. apply a thin layer of shadow base or eye primer to the entire lid (urban decay primer potion, mary kay eye primer, merle norman automatic shadow base, or mac eye primer)
black or dark grey shadow in the shape of a sideways V on the corner of the eye, working into the crease with a flat shadow brush (i use merle norman shadow in ebony and a palladio flat shadow brush)
lighter grey shimmer shadow over the lid with a contour shadow brush, blending into the first darker shade (i use mac shadow in idol eyes and a mark contour brush)
silvery/champagne shimmer shadow under the brow bone and dotted on inner corners of eyes with full shadow brush (i use merle norman luminous shadow in sun beam and an avon shader brush)
black liner all the way across top lid, slightly thicker on outer edges, and 3/4 way across bottom (avon glimmersticks liner in blackest black)
sweep thin line of medium shimmer grey under lower lash line, below and slightly over black liner
curl lashes and add 2 coats of volumizing black mascara (maybelline volum' express turbo boost 7Xs mascara in black)
-you can also do a smokey eye with shades of brown, purple, green... any color.
here are the shades i recommend from a few different brands for the basic black/grey....
-from mac: black tied, charred OR idol eyes, and shroom
-from lancome: the new black, style section OR volcano, and off the rack
-from merle norman: ebony, zinc OR stay steel, sun beam
-from avon: night sky, steel OR slate, iced silver
stila (at sephora) has a smokey eye kit that has 4 shadows in a palette...push a tiny button and a voice speaks instructions to you. there is also a holographic image of an eye that shows where the different shades go when you turn it. $40
also available at sephora are hard candy and smashbox. hard candy makes a shadow quad called "techno" that sells for $28, and smashbox makes a shadow trio called "twilight" that sells for $30. both are good for grey smokey eyes.
for drugstore palettes, try revlon, loreal, covergirl and maybelline. i know all of those lines carry them, but not sure of the names. avon also has a shadow quads.
always keep lips light... glossy nudes are great with sexy smokey eyes.00
- Do you prefer stila or fenty beauty makeup?
- What shade will suit my skin tone better?
- Keep getting flashbacks ? (Makeup)?
- Is it ok to hav polish on toenails all the time?
- Do you agree with President Trump? Would another world war be good for the United States economy ??
- Do guys find it hotter when girls wear makeup, or when they don't wear any?
- Do you agree with the statement “There’s no such thing as wearing too much makeup, only poor application”?
- What do you think of the instagram glam makeup looks. would you wear them in real life?
- What are your favorite affordable makeup products?
- Drugstore Makeup?