Rocky Marciano VS Larry Holmes Who Wins?
Both in there prime
- Holmes cuts Marciano to shreds. TKO on cuts round 5. Too much height, speed and reach advantage for the Easton Assassin. Marciano had trouble with guys that could box a little. Holmes could box a lot.31
- Marciano would eat jabs the whole fight. Holmes comes out on top. Holmes was much bigger, with a longer reach and way way bigger.
On another note, Marciano was great, no doubt. But that was a different era of boxing. Styles had changed and the build of boxers had changed. Rocky goes down as one of the greatest ever, that doesn't mean that he couldn't have been beaten.11
- Rocky Marciano would win.11
- Larry Holmes. Holmes was a skilled technician. He copied Ali, alright, but he became more methodical than Ali. He dissected his opponents with the precision of a surgeon, utilizing his fast and stiff left jab before unloading fearsome combinations with decent KO power from both hands. Larry was faster than any other heavyweight except of course his idol, Ali. Marciano on the other hand, was all power but had crude skills. He was easy to hit and would in fact gamble on being hit just to get his powerful shots in. Problem was he was prone to cuts, and Holmes would take advantage of it anytime. He'd have a tough time penetrating Larry's defense and would surely get peppered with shots in the process. He might get Holmes with a big shot in the early rounds, but Larry would get up quickly and win the bout by unanimous decision. That is, if the fight doesn't get stopped on account of cuts on the Rock's face.11
- this is a great question but ill go with larry holmes hes one of the most underated heavyweight champs but those 2 would put on a great fight tho01
- Anyone who thinks rocky would win has no knowledge about boxing, rocky boxed in a different era and his style was too unorthodox,sure he could trade punches with an old archie moore and a washed up joe luis,and the rest of the people he fought are in no way close to the level of competition that larry holmes has faced over the years,Holmes in his prime, was not only big and strong but he was also very good technically,so if rocky tried trading punches with holmes as he did with other opponents he would hit the canvas pretty often and eventually he would be knocked out.11
- LARRY HOLMES WHO ?? AH REMEMBER TYSON HOLMES.........LOL........YA......WHAT A JOKE.......MARCIANO WOULD DO THE SAME..........LARRY WHO ?? LOL ASK ME A REAL QUESTION......... LARRY GO HOLM...........LOL00
- Marciano was mafia protected. His manager Weil was a criminal that gave Marciano gift decisions over ham and eggers. He had to come back against guys almost 40 and some over 40. He never beat an elite peak guy,. Always someone on the way down never on the way up. His management would not allow him to fight peak Holmes. Lol. Larry by early too00
- Rocky Marciano, pound for pound had more class than Larry Holmes ever could dream of.00
- In a Hollywood movie Marciano would win.But in a real life fight? Rock has very little chance. Larry was to long . I see Larry having a virtual easy time and would win by tko over the small slow overrated alligator armed slugger. Larry via 7 th round tko. Lots of sad Rock fans leaving arena.00
- Another great question sir. Marciano of course is the man who refused to lose and had more endurance and stamina than any man in boxing history. He was harder to hit than some realize and had great power in either hand. He could hurt you and knock you out in the first round or the 15th. He trained harder than anybody so he could have that amazing stamina and hit a heavy bag twice the size of a normal one to increase his power. When Marciano pivoted into a punch while hitting an opponent, it hurt them wherever he hit them. Larry Holmes is a vastly underrated fighter as he had one of the best jabs in boxing history without a doubt. I believe that Holmes would bother Marciano early on with his jab as Marciano would keep pressing forward bobbing and weaving from his crouch. Marciano would land some punches but not as many as Holmes especially early in the fight. In about the 10th round, Marciano would begin to find the range on an increasingly tiring Holmes who would fight back hard and stun him several times. In about the 12th round Marciano would land his famous Suzy Q square on Holmes jaw and Holmes would fall and be unable to beat the 10 count with Marciano the winner by knockout. Note to all doubters; In between training, Marciano weighed about 200-205 lbs and trained to get into peak condition. He would have easily tipped the scales at that weight against Holmes. Holmes is the bigger man, but not the stronger man. Marciano also had a lot more power than Holmes and determination.21
- Is it normal to eat radishes with salt?
- Best boxing walkout songs?
- What size of heavy bag boxing gloves do I need ?
- Why are racists suddenly claiming Nurmagomedov as white after he defeated their posterboy?
- Why are Black people such good boxers?
- Is it normal to eat radishes with salt?
- Why do people say Conor Mcgregor is racist when he is not?
- Is boxing dead?
- Who do you think is the greatest boxer of all time?
- Ivan Drago vs Deontay Wilder?