can you give as much description as you can... on anything, what they are. Anything!! lol
- An unexpected event that damages society caused by natural environmental occurances.00
- Fire, flood, famine, hurricane, earthquake, mudslide, locust, drought, avalanche, tsunami, excessive power and money, self haircuts, etc.00
- There are various numbers of natural disasters that occur in the world today, as in, they cause for a significant number of human death, as well as plant loss.
Volcanic eruptions, caused by lava formation that is blown up by a volcano, causes destruction of crops and destroying towns. An example of this is the Pompeii disaster in the Roman times.
Earthquakes, caused by the earth's continuing tremor, causes a lot of catastrophe, from destruction of cable lines and supplies to landslides to even human death. A lot of examples can be based on this, from the San Francisco earthquakes of 1906 and 1989, to the violent earthquake in Peru last year.
Landslides, caused by the topsoil giving way toward the hills, causes crop destruction, loss of homes, and erosion of the land. Examples of this include the landslides that happened in San Francisco recently (Jan. 3 thunderstorm, link provided below). Other forms include mudslides, coastal erosion, et al.
The winter freeze, caused by low temperatures, causes plant destruction and hypothermia. This happens in temperate places during the winter, and it is very evident in the U.S.
Thunderstorms result in flooding of cities, towns, and settlements, and causes human isolation if infrastructure is not present of damaged. This is very evident in most cases.
I hope these will help you up for your research.
- Earthquakes-cause by geological activity associated with the Earth's tectonic plates when the plates grind together, slip by one another, or when one subducts under another.Avalanches and volcanoes can cause quakes too.
Tornadoes-violent winds associated with severe thunderstorms. Occur as a result of hot and col air masses colliding and by very unstable air. Most occur in The Great Plains in flat areas.
Floods-caused by too much rain falling in too short of time.Floods are one of the biggest weather killers. Floods can also occur with rapid snowmelt or when lakes and rivers overflow their banks.
Drought-caused by a lack of moisture in areas that usually get sufficient precip.Drought is a threat to crops and water supplies.
Avalanches- large chunks of snow and ice crashing violently down a mountain. Triggered by quakes, volcanoes, and sometimes by skiers.
Hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones/willy-wil... all refer to violent tropical storms that form over the oceans due to strong winds and unstable air. A threat to boaters and to land dwellers when these storms hit land.00
- A natural disaster is the consequence of a natural hazard (e.g. volcanic eruption, earthquake,and landslide) which moves from potential in to an active phase, and as a result affects human activities. Human vulnerability, exacerbated by the lack of planning or lack of appropriate emergency management, leads to financial, structural, and human losses. The resulting loss depends on the capacity of the population to support or resist the disaster, their resilience. This understanding is concentrated in the formulation: "disasters occur when hazards meet vulnerability". A natural hazard will hence never result in a natural disaster in areas without vulnerability, e.g. strong earthquakes in uninhabited areas. The term natural has consequently been disputed because the events simply are not hazards or disasters without human involvement. The degree of potential loss can also depend on the nature of the hazard itself, ranging from a single lightning strike, which threatens a very small area, to impact events, which have the potential to end civilization.
List of deadliest natural disasters --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dea...00
- Do americans know persian is only a tiny minority in iran ?
- Why is Russia s population stagnant and ageing? I thought developing countries had rapid population growth (look at Nigeria and Pakistan).?
- Why would anyone claim that Honduras or El Salvador are south american?
- Get out and look relates closest to which key?
- How can we ever trust nasa again after lying to us for all this time about the shape of the earth?
- Why do streets in Berlin all end in -strasse and in Paris all begin with "Rue"?
- What are the names of the us states?
- What part of Austria has the world famous kangaroos? Are they dangerous?
- What's the shortest distance between Cincinnati and Cleveland by road?
- What happened to places in Britain ?