Autistic savant or idiot savant movies ......?
Can you name any movies about autistic or idiot savants? I am aware of 'Rain Man' which is very good. Isn't David Helfgott a savant with piano music? Weren't there twin boys who were savants, also with piano music? Your feedback is much appreciated.
- I googled it and only came up with "Rain Man". Sorry.00
- forest gump??? i dunno00
- I searched the web and could only find children's names.00
- The only one that I can think of is "Forest Gump"00
- The only other one I can think of is called "Mozart & the Whale". Josh Hartnett stars in this one & his character has Aspbergers Syndrome, a form of Autism. It's really good.00
- A Beautiful Mind00
- For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awBw7
I'm assuming by this you mean autistic-savants? Idiot Savant is an outdated and offensive term. In my experience, it is very rare. Certain people with autism have an uncanny talent of some kind- music, math, etc but are unable to function in the world in a typical way. The movie Rainman with Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise portrayed an autistic savant with some stereotypical autistic abilities. I did work with a young man who had an uncanny ability with numbers. He could look at objects and tell you exactly how many, add up any pile of change almost instantaneously, but he is the only person with autism I have ever worked with who could possibly be an autistic savant. Overall, a very rare condition in very few people with autism. Probably the typical person someone unfamiliar with the disability thinks of when autism is mentioned.00
- Famous Autistic Savants00
- Famous autistic savant
Russell Boyd, UK numbers genius & giant
Jedediah Buxton, UK savant calculator
Alonzo Clemons, U.S. wax sculptor
Tony DeBlois, U.S. blind and autistic musician
Rüdiger Gamm, German savant calculator
Zachary Goertz, U.S. autistic artist
Temple Grandin, U.S. designer of humane livestock facilities
Peter Guthrie, autistic savant with calendar and sports trivia skills
Leslie Lemke, U.S. blind musician with brain damage
Vinny Cassidy, U.S. math and physics savant
Jonathan Lerman, U.S. autistic artist
Gottfried Mind, Swiss autistic artist in the 18th century (B. 1768)
Hikari Oe, Japanese developmentally-delayed composer
Derek Paravicini, UK blind musician with learning disability
Kim Peek, U.S. savant with a photographic or eidetic memory, developmental disabilities and the inspiration for the movie Rain Man
James Henry Pullen, British deaf "Genius of Earlswood Asylum"
Matt Savage, U.S. autistic music prodigy
Orlando Serrell, U.S. savant who can recall the day of the week (as well as what the weather was like) for any day since the day a baseball hit his head.
Henriett Seth F., Hungarian autistic savant with multiple autoimmune disorders, poet, writer and artist
Daniel Tammet, UK synesthete mathematics and language savant
Gilles Trehin, French autistic artist and creator of the fictitious city of Urville
Richard Wawro, Scottish autistic artist
George Widener, U.S. autistic savant, artist with calculator and calendar skills
Blind Tom Wiggins, U.S. blind and mentally handicapped pianist in 1860s
Stephen Wiltshire, British autistic artist
Christopher Boone, Autistic main character in The Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- Why does Cherry Puff think every user on here is Bonkers? LOL?
- List 2 of the most beautiful things you have seen so far?
- Why are nigers so black?
- Why is the Christmas song "Baby, It's Cold Outside" considered offensive by some?
- Are you excited for Christmas?
- What are you not wearing at the moment?
- Poll: True or false; Do you decorate the outside of your house for christmas?
- Poll: how often do you shave, if you do?
- Poll: Whats your favourite non-alcoholic drink?
- Have you ever met someone in person from Y!A?