Check for cobwebs along the edge of the door and anywhere near the infrared beam sensors. Make sure there aren't any exposed wires attached to the door opener button.
Garage Door Opener Issues?
Several weeks ago, the door switch for our garage door opener quit working but we are still able to open the door via the remotes from our cars. Since then, the garage door has been opening randomly without us pressing the buttons. Any clue to how it can be fixed or should we be shopping for a new garage door opener?
- I suspect your "door switch" is the type that is wired to the garage door opener. That switch (or the wiring to it) could be shorting out causing the random opening.
Disconnect the switch's wires at the garage door opener. While you're up there, clean away any cobwebs and/or other debris around the opener.
If the door opens and closes, then you don't need a new opener. Either live without the door switch, or replace the wiring/switch. For some models they offer a wireless door switch.00
- Your Garage door is the largest moving part of your home and often the mainentrance. When your door or opener are not working it is usually a large inconvenience. Many basic garage door and opener problems can be identified using a few of the tips listed below.
- Your garage door is opening randomly because someone in y6our neighborhood has the same frequency as you do on their garage door. It could also be someone with a CB radio setting it off. When I was young I lived just north of Montgomery Alabama where 2 air force bases were. The planes going overhead were setting off our garage door when they would use their radios to call the tower. You simply need to re code your garage door frequency. Inside the remote there is a row of small slide switches by the battery or under the plastic cover of the remote. Generally there are 8 switches in a row. reset the switches to another setting... any setting you like...then do the other remote the same way...exactly the same way. Next there is a row of switches in the box part of the garage opener. Might be close to the antenna receiver. code it the same as the remotes. replace all the covers and then test the remotes... your random opening nightmare should be over.10
- Worth it to keep 2001 Chrysler LHS?
- Ether to start a diesel?
- I got a letter from motor vehicle services i with a Record I,E just wanted to see if I have to contact them?
- Where to fine the best auto repair tools?
- Do 4cylinder engines actually give you less problems than V6 or V8 engines?
- Gas prices continue to clime under Trump. So how soon till those prices overshadow the measly Trump tax savings the working class got?
- I broke a bolt head off the valve cover and I am wondering if I can get away with leaving it as is?
- What are your options when your engine in your car is going out?
- How do you know if your car needs transmission service?
- Is it possible to add a push to start and a touch screen in a 2011 Kia Optima? And if so, how much would it cost?