The Catholic church has been referred to as a Holy Apostolic Church for over a thousand years.
If there is a separate Christian church known by the Apostolic church I apologize for not knowing about it.
My experience as a Catholic has been very very rewarding and fulfilling.
What do you know about the Apostolic Church?
I've already researched on the net, so please don't copy and paste answers. I am looking for personal experience. Thank you :)
- Ditto Rango.
Historically, "Apostolic" refers only to churches that can trace their history and tradition back to the Apostles and the original Pentecost (c. 33 A.D.), which is when the Holy Spirit came upon the Apostles and disciples gathered together and they began to preach to those in Jerusalem. The Catholic Church and various Orthodox Churches all fit that bill. I suppose you could even call them "pentecostal" for having started on Pentecost, though historically they have not.
You are asking, though, about a Protestant denomination that has fancied a name (without historical context). Of the billions of Christians in the world, the vast majority know nothing of them and know only the Catholic and Orthodox Churches as Apostolic. Sorry.
I suggest you find a congregation that is affiliated with these "Apostolic Pentecostals" and get to know them that way.01
- Tha Apostolic church started at Pentacost, where they spoke in tongues for the first time. The Apostolics believe you can also speak in tongues.The Oneness church means they don't believe in the trinity, but in "Jesus name", instead of the the "Father, Son and Holy ghost" like most other churches say. When I went there, I was swarmed with love and attention and so were my children, we were called constantly, church was 4 times a week. They were Pentacostal holy Rollers, running in the aisles hopping in the pews, praying out loud, singing and playing every instrument, for worship. They don't pray for someone for healing by laying on of hands, like other Pentacostal churches. They don't believe the healing is done through laying on of hands. The women and men wear long sleeves for modesty, the women in skirts, no makeup or jewelry. But, the high heels are extra high and fancy and the hair is extra high and fancy, and the perfume is heavy. Everyone wants to feel attractive I suppose. One thing though, I did focus on God more when I attended there, but just like every church, each individual will answer to God, its not what you wear or don't wear, it's what is in your heart, not your affiliation to a certain religion, just read the Bible, go where you feel comfortable, and do your best to be a good person. I'm a Christian, and I love the Pentacostals, but I also love the Baptists and Methodists and so does God. God Bless you.10
- Does the Quran mention a world destroying flood, as in Noah and the Ark anywhere in its text. Is Jesus mentioned? What similarities do the?
- Christianity Today?
- Would it be weird for a pastor/preacher to not have a wife and family?
- Why was Paul sent to Ephesus? What is a theological outline of the Book of Ephesus?
- Why do people say Jesus is God?
- Is atheism really a religion of peace?
- I'm an atheist, but I like listening to Christian hymns. What does this mean? What do I do?
- Creationists, how doesn't Fossil record prove evolution to you?
- What will atheists do when Jesus returns to earth?
- Be honest; what first comes to your mind when you see a White Man/Black Woman couple?