I couldn't tell you anything about a profit, but talk with some people of higher stature...that could actually get it moving along.
But don't put this first and foremost (imo) Ask maybe a parent to help research it all. Good Luck with your poetry though!
I write poetry a lot... and even my teachers say its good enough to be published, but my only problem is, Im only13. Should I be able to publish my poetry? If I did, what kind of profit would I recieve?
- Hey props to you for starting so early! You can publish anything at any age. Their are dozens of sites on the web that can critique poems and offer excellent tips on how to publish. Critiquing poems is the key to success. Look at other peoples style of writing, and show the groups your style.I found some great books in my library that explains how to publish oneself. To start off though I recommend you subscribe to a poetry magazine, and submit to them. Best of luck man!00
- Yes, you should definitely try to publish your poetry! Look for magazines that welcome work by younger poets. Your teacher can probably help you find some. You probably wont get paid for publishing your poetry, but you may get free copies of the magazines you are published in.00
- I truly believe there is no age limit to talent. When it is heaven sent then you use it for the good and you will get the profit of your faith in your work. If you believe in what your saying then you will gain a lot. However, on the other hand, if it's just for show, then expect very little. The Profit come from what's in your heart. Especially when it is heaven sent. There were many young people who became successful in doing things. I say go for it!!!!! And my God bless you with everything you have asked for.10
- if u are a very nice poet then u should publish your your poems in chidren magzines and u will earn a gr8 profit according to me. and if u like my advice then send your result plz.00
- There are forums and sites you can post on. Look for blogs and e-zines that are seeking submissions. Also find and attend poetry readings and open mics. These options may or may not offer monetary gain but getting published is always a wonderful honor and it'll help you publish a book later on.
I hope you find this helpful! Keep writing. Do you currently post your poetry anywhere?00
- poetry is charm of life see my best poetry but please share my poetry as you can i am giving source you to see my poetry.00
- Poetry isnt exactly a real big seller on the open market these days unfortunately. What most poets do is use poetry to develop their craft and writing skills and eventually switch to prose in order to avoid a life of living in their mother's basement eating catfood because that's all they can afford.
This is not meant to discourage you, but tell me the last really big selling book of poetry - I mean a book of poetry that sold an amount of books similar to James Patterson's last thriller.
Poetry is kind of a rite of passage - lots of kids do it because its an expressive way to get through those teen years. So write all the poetry you want, but read tons and tons of books and allow yourself to grow in the craft of writing. Good luck and show us some poems. Pax - C.11
- Yes or no...this is a strong conclusion?
- Can somebody help me find this book?
- Anyone reading any good thriller, spy, espionage type books lately?
- What books should i read?
- Do you believe in writers block?
- Why do you write?
- I have been suffering from the writer's block for nearly two years now. I can no longer write anything worthwhile. What do I do?
- Words a teen would use to describe a boring science class - for my novel?
- Name a fictional "Killer" in books or movies who was really a decent enough person?
- Should I take the money or write a book?