Does anyone remember Frischs Big Boy Fillet of Sole Sandwiches?
Below is the recommendation and reference answer for question "Does anyone remember Frischs Big Boy Fillet of Sole Sandwiches?" It was collected and sorted by the editor of this site but not sure the answer is entirely accurate.
sorry - never heard of frischs!
Big Boy is a franchise, the Frische family owns the franchise for the greater Cincinnati area. Other areas, it is Bob's Big Boy (Ft Wayne Ind I think) as well as Shoney's and others.
The sauce for Big Boy Hamburgers is a Tartar Sauce that is also used on fish sandwiches at Frisch's Big Boy in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Years before McDonald's hit the scene, there was Frisch's. Dave Frisch, who took over a well-established but conventional restaurant business from his dad in Cincinnati, Ohio met a fellow entrepreneur from Glendale, California, who had innovated a new way of cooking hamburgers - two small patties instead of one cooked faster, and made a double-decker called "Big Boy." This was in 1946. The "secret sauce" in the California Big Boy was Thousand Island salad dressing. Dave wasn't too fond of it, so he used his own sauce, which was basically a blend of mayo, catsup, and pickle relish, known as tartar sauce and served in other Frisch's restaurants with fried fish.
2 cups mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons horseradish
2 tablespoons minced onion, scallions, or shallots
2 tablespoons minced red or green pepper, sweet or hot
1/4 cup minced dill pickle/gherkins/capers
1 clove garlic, minced
2 hard cooked eggs, yolks mashed, whites chopped
1 dash Tabasco Sauce
1/3 cup catsup
- Decent sushi locations in Spokane Wa?
- What's a decent sushi restaurant in Des Moines Iowa?
- Wife and I would love to have a great burger any good places in Rock Springs, Wy?
- Why is there no Jack in the box in some states?
- Me and Wife are looking for a good burger around town. Any good places in Green Bay?
- Why is mama ps pizza in Delmont, Pennsylvania so ignorant?
- What is so great about Cracker Barrel for breakfast?
- Do you eat at IHOP?
- Are there any good chain restaurants?
- I want to go to IHOP with my husband but we cant afford it. What should we do?