What was the louisana territory when it was owned by spain?
- im not sure about spain but i think it was by the french territory, they speak french not spanish. maybe im wrong but my husband family is from louisiana, they are mixture of irish, french, indian and black american. that is where the good "creole" and "cajun" food derive from, the gumbo, etouffee, jambalaya and among other southern home down cooking.. .00
- A Swamp.
Although Spain was twice in control of the area.
Originally the first European explorers to visit Louisiana came in 1528. The Spanish expedition (led by Panfilo de Narváez) located the mouth of the Mississippi River. In 1541, Hernando de Soto's expedition crossed the region.Then Spanish interest in Louisiana lay dormant.
The French explorer Robert Cavelier de La Salle named the region Louisiana to honor France's King Louis XIV in 1682.
The French colony of Louisiana originally claimed all the land on both sides of the Mississippi River and north to French territory in Canada. The following States were part of Louisiana: Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota.
Louisiana became a colony of Spain after the Seven Years' War by the Treaty of Paris of 1763.
In 1800, France's Napoleon Bonaparte acquired Louisiana from Spain in the Treaty of San Ildefonso, an arrangement kept secret for some two years
- Is it illegal to prank call the police on a pay phone?
- US Crime Statistics. Besides entering the US illegally, What percentage of illegal aliens actually commit crimes while in the US, versus the?
- I got a ticket for careless driving. Need advice?
- Isnt there any easy way for opioid addicts to possess all the pills they can afford and not get arrested?
- If you are stealing a bike, and a police officer orders you to stop but you proceed to ride away, can they legally shoot you?
- If someone were to do donuts behind a parking lot and the cops weren't around, is there a chance they could be caught later on?
- How do cops find the suspect who broke in to your car?
- Would you abolish the police and live in anarchy in the woods in tribes?
- Does a police officer still have the legal right to shoot you if you are reloading in a firefight?
- Am I the only 1 who fears the presence of cops?