When a recipe calls for green onions, does it just mean the stem? Any additional info would be helpful.?
- I think that it means the whole thing with the little roots cut off.00
- Green onions are also called scallions. You would use the white and very light green parts only. Do not use the darker green stems.01
- no. you can use the whole thing.
some people prefer just the hollow tips but the whole thing is edible so feel free to use it.00
- Unless the recipe specifically states stem or bulb only it refers to the green onion as a whole, the harmony between the tops and the bulb is delightful in many fresh salsa and salad preparations and as separates can be a surprise in potatoes and dressings. Hope this helps!10
- Yes if the recipe calls for green onions it is the stem of the onion.01
- It refers to the whole onion with the roots cut off. I use a little more bulb and save the green for garnish.10
- It means the whole thing of course chop off the roots(TOP).00
- Generally, green onions (scallions) are trimmed of their root, then the whole onion is chopped or sliced. Sometimes a recipe will specify "white part only". I love scallions - always use all of it.00
- I don't know about your recipe in particular but being from the south we use mostly the top of the green onions.
Funny how you got both answers! So I looked it up. My curiosity got the best of me ...here is a link:http://www.tonytantillo.com/vegetables/g...
"Generally, the white part is cooked, and the green part is used as a garnish or in cold preparations. In a pinch you can substitute the green part for chives. "10
- How can I put a hole in already baked and hardened salt dough?
- How often do you cook with boneless skinless chicken breasts?
- What do you think of marinated pork tenderloin wrapped with bacon and stuffed with andouille, shrimp, and pepper jack cheee?
- Sizzle my burger for me?
- What Christmas food do u like best.i like fruit cakes and mince pies?
- What are you eating this Christmas Eve?
- How do you make fried rice for only one person?
- What happens if I put poor a lot of hot sauce in someone’s milk?
- I want cookies make me some?
- 2 of your favorite foods?