Treadmill or Elliptical Machine?
My goal is to lose my bellyfat, in addition to getting tone and putting on some muscle through strength training. Is it better to purchase a treadmill or elliptical machine? What are the benefits of one over the other?
- you can walk anytime you want .......elliptical works your whole body tho....not just cardio but toning......i have to tell ya tho i spent $13 and bought a dvd of pilates and it slimmed down my waist line 2 sizes in 4 mos and i look leaner feel stronger.....it sounds dumb but it s called pilates for dummies it s a workout n a half w cardio too. i would choose elliptical tho between the 2!happy workouts!00
- The question is WHAT DO YOU LIKE? I prefer the treadmill and would be more prone to use it at home than an eliptical. But, some people love the eliptical. My trainer, however, told me that an eliptical user is less prone to injury. BUT, the eliptical is hard on your joints too. If you want to lose weight, get the machine you enjoy more and will use daily.00
- loose the beer10
- I've used both. I believe an elliptical is more efficient and easier on your knees and joints. If you get an elliptical with moving arm handles then you get a more intense work out. However, if you decide to get an elliptical try it out thoroughly first, maybe see if you can get a guest pass at a gym or something. I say this because I spent $700 on an elliptical and decided I did not like how my feet were situated on the machine, It just wasn't comfortable for me, so of course the machine sat in my living room for years and I never used it. I now work out at a gym and only use treadmills. However, if you try out the elliptical and you like it, I would probably recommend that. Good Luck!00
I have a Proform treadmill and love it...beter workout than elliptical:
- Just go outside and jog, theres more to see and its free.00
- I don't think either one is better than the other, but maybe the treadmill is better, since it's been manufactured over many years, and it's been refined; but, that's just the machines.
As far as the exercises go, they're both really similar, but there's more impact with the treadmill. The treadmill will get you a bit more strength, while the elliptical will have less impact on your joints, so you can stay at it a little bit longer than the treadmill (burn more fat).00
- the diffrence between the elliptical and the treadmill is the design... the elliptical has a non-impact design on the knee and the treadmill dosent if you have ok knees why not do both?00
- Elliptical. i know the space for the source is below but i'm a a runner and kickboxer, and a sports trainer and although a treadmill may seem more appealing, the elliptical will give you much more benefits with little or no downfalls.
For trimming fat what you are trying to do is do anything that allows you to burn atp/calories/energy/whatever for as long and as much as possible in one go. so if you could wiggle your ears while you're running you'd technically be making it more effective (haha please dont do this though, its not that big an improvement and you're more likely to laugh and fall off the machine than anything). so when you're using the elliptical you are doing a constant similar motion using your legs back abs arms, basically using whatever it takes to go.
when you use a treadmill however you are basically just using your legs (and arms a little) and therefore not burning as much calories for your buck.
And most importantly, you are much MUCH more likely to injure yourself on a treadmill, i wont list it but basically its not nearly as safe due to the constant impact etc.
Now you dont wanna burn out on your elliptical so maybe just go for a jog outside (if possible) instead of using the elliptical sometimes.
All in all though, go with the elliptical its much more effective and i know, when you are working out you wanna do it the most efficient way possible.00
- How would one satisfy a muscle growth fetish in the bedroom?
- Keto Weight Loss plus South Africa?
- Can you suggest me best yoga place in India?
- Hi sorry if I seem insecure but im 6 0 and ive just turned 17, will I continue to grow? I d love to grow more, are there any methods? thanks?
- I am a female 14 years old 5 feet 110 pounds. Should I lose weight? I feel fat all the time?
- Can I eat a sandwich if I’m in a diet ?
- Will someone lose alot of weight if they purge (eating then vomiting) then exercise afterwards each time they eat?
- I just ate half a box of Oreos will I gain weight in a day i feel bad that I broke my diet I've lost 33lbs?
- How many calories should I be eating every day, to lose weight, if i’m burning 600 calories each day?
- Water fasting...not like I thought.?