Has the womens rights movent died?
I live in utah and the women here seem submissive and only have aspirations to get married and have children. Career, Educational, and social achievments seem far from their minds. They just want a man to take care of them. So has the womens movement died out, or is it just utah? Because Im disgusted from what I see in utah. Also not all women here, just the majority.
- Is Hilary a senator? Maybe those women you talk about want to be the way they are . You can still be anything you want to be.00
Please see link00
- I don't think it died out....but that was the whole point of the women's movement. The right to have a choice to be a housewife or to have a career. We have reached that point now where women have a choice and that's wonderful!!
I think it's just Utah too.00
- Nop ı think.Cuz the women rights movement started in 80s could not penetrate to the lower segments of the society.We still suffer from that.I dı nıt know the sociological structure of the Utah but,we see these kind of attitudes you talk about in the area which have lower income etc.It will take time to reach women rights consciousnees to these kind of areas....00
- no i dont think so. We can still vote, we can still do may things taht we wernt aloud to when the people thought that men were the higher being. Wemon are strong and powerful. Men may not thinks soo because in their history men were the higher being, so wen a man or boy tells you that they can do any thing you can do but better. say wemon won the biggest battle of them all. their rights. men just got their power by having big muscles. we worked hard do win our rights and we need to keep it up.00
- There are many women that find fulfillment by being a partner in a successful family. This means accepting that they have a place and a role. How can you be disgusted if this is their choice? Isn't the freedom of choice precisely what you and your ilk are aiming for?
You make it sound as though a woman simply cannot find fulfillment unless she becomes a corporate whore forging a path of self-reliance in a "man's world"...
There is nothing wrong with getting married and having children. A strong family structure will carry far more weight in our future generations than the progeny of the weakly bound family. Self reliance is good for a single generation, but there is no reward for selfishness in the future.
I believe in female equality, but feminism is a scourge upon our society and is leading to our decadence.00
- Maybe that's what the women there really want... Utah is largely Mormon, so maybe it's a religious thing, too.00
- I think the womens movement died when they reliezed that equal rights would have meant equal judgement against men in all aspects. I was in the Milltiary, there are 2 standards there, Mens standards, and Womens. They women were usually upset that they cant join combat arms or such, but, when its neccasary for them to be equal in physical requirements, they always claim, but im a girl... whats equal in that00
- No.... it is mainly a Utah thing, but it all depends on what these women were taught growing up. I moved here 2 years ago and I noticed that this happens primarily because women who are raised in the state of Utah and are also LDS are taught that the greatest thing we can do in this life is have children and care for them, which I believe to be correct. But like anything, some homes push this on their kids more than anything else and they don't see the larger picture. At least that is my experience. I'm a married woman living in Utah and am LDS, but I was also not raised in that faith. While family was an important lesson, education was the priority in my home. It really all comes down to what is taught in the home.00
- there are a lot of women like that all over. I think in a lot of ways the womens rights movement has died. I'm reminded of it every day in music nowadays. With all of the women disrespecting themselves and allowing men to disrespect them as well. Its kind of sad. Women who have no aspirations other than doing whatever they can do the hold on to a man. And, no... its not all women who are like that. But, definitely looking at the younger generation, meaning the girls who are teenagers and a little bit older (I'm 26), I definitely see things going down hill.73
- Why does life get more borning a dull as you age I’m not sure what to do?
- Do Gen X and Z have an actual nickname?
- Agree or disagree: it’s okay to be mean to others if they are not nice to you?
- What is the best ways to be more positive?
- Can I identify myself as white?
- For all you Gilette haters: Tel me which of the behaviors depicted in the Gilette commercial that are criticized are ones you support?
- Why do so many people dislike country music and laugh about how ugly , ignorant it sounds, but people in the South love it?
- Why is God doing this to America?
- Are labor unions the enemy of the free people?
- Is the reason Liberal women are unattractive because they boycott makeup because it's racist?