Think of birth as additions to the population. Low birth rate means few additions. High birth rate means a lot of additional whatever. The higher the fertility, (usually) the higher the birth rate. Death is the opposite. Migration depends on the direction of migration. Death rates can increase during migration, due to stress and danger. This can lower the pop size. Other pops can also migrate into the area, increasing the pop size.
Stress, environmental pressure and carrying capacity (size of the pop that the environment ca support) will affect pop size.
How do birth, death, fertility and migration rates affect population size?
what factors can affect these rates?
- there is truly only 2 issues: births and deaths and migration in and migration out fertility expenditures is a ingredient interior the births-deaths cohort, seem on the inhabitants of lady women that are of kid bearing age (say 18-35) and the kind of stay births in accordance to 1000 women, demise expenditures is often regarded at to get an theory of the kind of folk demise in a given section over a given era of time...if there's a severe kind of folk demise then there is both alot of old people interior the realm or there is a few extenuating situation along with sickness it is increasing demise totals. A severe kind of kid bearing women and a low demise cost can develop the inhabitants....migration also must be regarded because people bypass in and people bypass out of an section as a rule as a results of jobs, if extra people moved into an section than moved out then the inhabitants may bypass up ..both factors, births-deaths and migration in-out will result inhabitants and also enable inhabitants to be anticipated for projections into the destiny...00
- They affect population size in 3 ways; positive, negative or neutral. To have a positive affect birth and positive-migration would have to outpace death and negative-migration and inversely if death and negative-migration outpaced birth and positive-migration you would see smaller population.
Many factors can affect all of these but first look at birth. Obviously fertility will affect birth rates in any society but many countries now are facing couples who are just deciding not to have as many children, which effects population. If you have a high birth-rate but low survival rate this may effect pop. size. Death of course means you are no longer part of the pop. even tho they still seem to vote in some states. If a pop. has a great amount of death then the pop will decrease. Fertility, if no1 is able have children then the only way to off-set the deaths is to have positive-migration.
Positive-migration is when people move from one pop. set to another. This can be affected by economy, standard of living, environmental concerns, etc. Negative would be people leaving your pop. set for a different pop. Notice that all those factors can also effect birth,death and fertility.10
- Vreti la muie?
- What are some ways that Macbeth changes during the course of the play?
- I need help on this accounting question!?
- Write X=[−1 −7] [1 0] as a product X=E1E2E3 of elementary matrices? Pls help in solving.?
- Is global citizenship an idea or an action?
- What does it take to lift families out of poverty?
- What are four letter colors?
- Pee is stored in nutsack right?
- PLEASE HELP WITH AN ASSIGNMENT?
- Anyone feel like writing a paper for me on why the mini series Scarlett is southern?